PDA

View Full Version : Our Trip day 18 to 22

chrisj
22-08-2004, 18:03
Day 18
Up at the crack of dawn and off to IOA, think we must have been the first car there we got a parking space right at the front

Long walk again through city walk in the heat. We got in and Sam spotted Spiderman and that’s where we headed, we got straight on and on the way out I noticed a door open and could see where you picked up your 3d goggles so grabbed the kids and straight back on, we did this 3 times and then found the door shut – oh well

it was another hot day and we saw spiderman outside a shop, so the kids ran over and had their piccies taken with him. We sat down and worked out what we wanted to go on

kids wanted to go and see Cat in the Hat, so off we went and had a great few hours in the kids part of the park, even me had fun. We stopped for a bite to eat and carried on round the back of the park and had some brilliant rides, this park is brilliant and is one for us if/when we return. We took our time and enjoyed the park. The rides
were really great and we found a little roller coaster think it was called unicorn, no queue and so we went on it 5 times on the trot, me and the kids loved it. Anyway early evening we popped into universal and found a small queue for MIB., so we had another go on that.

By now we were tired and so on the way home into my fav place Publix on the OBT, picked up a cooked chicken and more salad stuff, more beef jerky to bring Home and some more cigars from the little liquour store nest to it. Got back had A swim, shower changed clothes and we sat down to a very big meal.. yummy

Day 19
Up early again and off to MK, instead of the ferry we went on the mono rail, nice and easy, again it was another hot day, anyway we sat down and worked out what the kids wanted to do and headed off for tomorrow land, we went on that space ride, we last did this on our honeymoon in 1988 and only me and the kids would go on it, we also used our tickets and got 5 fast passes, we got 2 rides before the
queue got too big and then headed off for some of the little shows.

This park is lovely and always clean and spotless, we went all over having the odd ride here and there, the kids wanted to see Mickey’s house and so off we went and spent an hour there, went back for our fast pass space ride and me and emily had 2 goes each and then I went a third time.

We went over the another area , cant remember what it was called , went up the Swiss family tree and spent an hour round that part, then decided time for some Food, so found a place near the mermaid area and had a huge cheese burger that took me ages to eat. Once fed and watered so to speak off we went again.

We were having a great time and then Sam tripped over one of those poles where you line up and what a crack as he hit his head. A Disney person saw it and rushed over. They rushed us to first aid and the lady there was brilliant, they checked him over and made him sit there for 20 minutes then did some more checks, we filled out some forms and they brought us in cold drinks

When they said sam seemed ok and we could carry on, we went back to the ride we had been waiting for and they took us straight on, they asked sam what else he wanted to ride and they gave us a card so we went on a few more straight away

Disney are fantastic in an emergency and they treated us so well, after another Hour the kids were getting tired and so we decided to head back and have a swim And chill out

Sam was more interested in the huge bump on his head, we had a chill out evening and an earlyish night

Day 20
Up bright and early and off to Epcot for our final visit, got there early and spent the whole morning on the rides, it did rain a bit but not that much today. We took our time To make sure we enjoyed the day. Late afternoon we started on World Showcase and BOY had it got hot by now,

We strolled around and made sure we visited everywhere and had a good look around we made sure we had piccies of us in every country and Wifey spent a small fortune on the way round

Tomorrow we just plan to do the washing Iron the clothes tidy the Villa up and do s

phaedra
22-08-2004, 19:31
"Disney are fantastic in an emergency and they treated us so well"

You'll find Disey staff are VERY attentive if you have an accident, the forms you sign (bet you didn't read them?) are to absolve Disney of blame in order to negate any subsequent claim against them, they have a terrible history when it comes to any sort of compensation regarding accidents on their property.

[website links edited]

chrisj
22-08-2004, 19:40
Very interesting

The one thing I did notice is on the news when we were stranded there was no mention of any damage to
the disney parks, or even the area's around the parks being hit.

Wet N Wild was open on the sunday, but the park was in a mess. Suppose profit comes first. I know Disney
wanted us to sign all these forms and I did read them, but at the end sof the day it was Sam I was worried
about.

amy
22-08-2004, 20:20
Sound like a graet holiday Chris, glad you all got through the storm ok.

LesleyB
22-08-2004, 21:10
Thanks for the report Chris - it sure was memorable, in more ways than one this time.

Ray&Sarah
22-08-2004, 23:23
Great report Chrisj. Your kids will have a fantastic story to tell when they get back to school, what a fab holiday they had and how they survived "Charley".:D

jolliffee
22-08-2004, 23:51
Got to say that was a great series of reports felt like I was with you (wish I was too), especially at the pub. Charlie must have been a bit of a shock when it turned towards you? But glad you managed to survive it without any injury (ignoring the other stuff outside the holiday report). Your children will cetainly be able to tell a tale or two about Charlie I bet!

Thanks for writing them, guess you’ll be able to re-read them just to remind yourself what a great vacation you and your family had.

walden64
23-08-2004, 00:28
Great report Chris - we have all enjoyed reading them. What did the children think of Charley??

chrisj
23-08-2004, 01:01
Must admimt the kids were quite scared, but we soon took their minds off it and now they love
telling all their friends about it, so alls well that ends well as the saying goes :)

hadrian
30-08-2004, 19:46
Great holiday report Chris. Sounds like a three week trip is a must for next time!

Hadrian

chrisj
30-08-2004, 22:26
I think 3 weeks is the minimum now, it allowed us to relax a bit and spread the visits out