PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

omaragha
22-08-2004, 05:11
Hi Guys,

Need your help,

I am planning on renting over the xmas period, have not rented in Orlando before so would like your views and help.

I am travelling with a large group 8 adults and 2 infants, obvioulsy we want to be near the attractions Disney, MGM, Universal etc,

However the adults would like to be near some night life bars / clubs etc, with this in mind what area/s in Orlando offers close proximity to the above wish list ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Omar

E. Cosgrove
22-08-2004, 12:57
Welcome to the forum Omar. It will probably take you from now to Xmas to trawl thro all the info that is here but you will certainly find the answers to all your questions. Try using the search facility or post a specific question, the answer you need will definitely be in here. Good luck and have a great trip!!

Ann-Marie
22-08-2004, 12:58
Hi Omar

Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of advice from the guys on here.

Personally,I would say if there are 10 people travelling the best thing would be to rent a villa, as you'll have plenty more space to relax than staying in a Hotel room and having your own pool is fantastic. Try this site as it has some fantastic villas and the prices are very reasonable.

Most of the villas are situated off Highway 192 in Kissimmee and Highway 27 and there are lots of great restuarants and bars nearby. Disney is only about 10-15 minutes and Universal approx 20-25 minutes from these areas. There is also a map on this site giving you a layout of all the villa communities. You'll be amazed at what they have to offer.

(b) Re. nightlife (ie. clubs), I would say the best two places for your friends to go would be either Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney (this is closer I would say to most of the villas) and there's also City Walk at Universal. Depending on what location you choose Down Town Disney is a fairly short drive away or you could get a taxi if you're planning to have a few drinks.

Whatever you choose, hope you have a fabulous time.:D

Genie
22-08-2004, 14:25
Another idea would be one of the dinner shows like the Dolly Parton Dixie stampede !!

benfilo
23-08-2004, 02:39
hi Omar welcome to the forum. It makes sense to rent a villa it'll work out cheaper than an hotel, and be more comfortable. As for where most of the villas on this site are close to all the attractions 5 or 10 minutes more in a cab for your nights out won't make much difference. So all you have to do is find a suitable villa. You won't be stuck for choice, Crimbo is busy though so you should book as soon as possible.
I'm sure tou'll have a fantastic time
benfilo

PS

what you'll save in not having to get 4 or 5 hotel rooms and not having to eat ot all the time, will more than cover cab fares to the nightlife.

Magical Dreams
28-10-2004, 23:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by omaragha
Hi Guys,

Need your help,

I am planning on renting over the xmas period, have not rented in Orlando before so would like your views and help.

I am travelling with a large group 8 adults and 2 infants, obvioulsy we want to be near the attractions Disney, MGM, Universal etc,

However the adults would like to be near some night life bars / clubs etc, with this in mind what area/s in Orlando offers close proximity to the above wish list ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Omar
[/quote]

Omar, did you sort your holiday out?

heathercobbett
29-10-2004, 12:17
Omar,you sure are going to burn the candle at both ends doing the parks AND the night life.Iwish I still had that energy.
We had guests who highly recommended a pub on the 27 (British owned)and they had several nice meals/evenings out there.
For the life of me I cannot remember what it is called but if a forum member does not know I will call him and let you know.
We have enjoyed Pleasure Island as it allows all members of the party to go to the part that interests them.We particularly enjoyed the Comedy Club(queue early)I believe P.I tickets still come free with certain hopper tickets (Roger/John is that correct)