PDA

View Full Version : Duelling Dragons

amy
22-08-2004, 02:22
Duelling Dragons at IOA is two great roller coaster that weave around each other one called ICE and one called FIRE
Which do you think is best?

Ray&Sarah
22-08-2004, 02:57
I voted for Ice as I like that one better than Fire but there's not much in it. Sarah would have voted "I am the one who holds the bags" as she doesn't like the coasters much, which is actually quite fortunate as our youngest son doesn't either.:D

Nostromo
22-08-2004, 15:19
They are both excellent, especially from the front rows. FIRE is marginally faster and has 3 major loops; ICE has 2 big loops plus that twisty corner that brings us to the unexpected close encounter with the castle wall. This variety gives ICE the edge in my opinion.

CarolAnn
22-08-2004, 18:15
I like them both:D[8D]:)While holding the bags, all 3 of us in our group love watching the manics screaming as they go by![:p];)

chrisj
22-08-2004, 18:53
I liked them both, but would suggest going on them before you eat and not after like I did :D

Daniel Snell
23-08-2004, 00:57
I like them both too but I only cause I cant remember wich is wich:D

Magical Dreams
23-08-2004, 15:57
The last time we was there, we decided to go later on in the day, queues where almost gone.

Made it easier to go one both coasters, twice each!!

Not advisable for the weak and weiry!!

Great fun!!

Just love them both!![xx(]:D

amy
23-08-2004, 18:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
I liked them both, but would suggest going on them before you eat and not after like I did :D
[/quote]
I went on just before lunch when we where there at Christmas, we did ice first,then used the quick transfer entrance to Fire, there was no queues for then rides and when we came off my knees had gone wobbley and I had lost my balance [xx(], We went accross to the place that serves meals in the tree across from the ride and I could not eat my meal as i was so disorinentated, it took aroung an hour to loose my green tinge and get my balance back.
But we never learn do we..........I was back on it in march on the next trip[msnsmile]

Magical Dreams
23-08-2004, 18:54
Obviously not Amy

But thats what its all about!!

The learning curve does not apply to theme parks!!

[msnsmile2]

neilr
23-08-2004, 20:40
I agree both are excellent and often underated or forgotten while visitors focus on The Hulk or Spiderman... the amount of queuing space in both rides indicates that Universal expected much more interest in the rides!!

Always aim for it when the queus on Spidey and Hulk have started to grow!!

Daniel Snell
23-08-2004, 22:36
Amy I tried going on them both straight after each other! It had the same effect on me I felt well a bit odd shall we say for quite a bit![xx(] The thing is I will not learn my lesson as I will do the same thing next time I go!

Ana
24-08-2004, 04:09
I think Ice is better - but that could be because I always go on it after Fire [msnscared]

jolliffee
25-08-2004, 16:48
Not sure which is which- had both eyes closed[msnwink]

cjboatman
26-08-2004, 19:04
It would have to be ICE. Although just alughing at Karens screams makes them both worth a ride.

domster
01-10-2004, 20:15
DOMS TOP TIP&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

If you ride on one of them, get off it, ask the attendant if there are any spare seats and they will put you back on as a single rider.

have done this loads of times and it works a treat everytime.

DOM