PDA

View Full Version : Our Trip Day 9 to 12

chrisj
20-08-2004, 13:32
Day 9
All up sort of early and the kids given cleaning jobs around the Villa, with the promise of more pocket money off they went while us adults sat around doing nothing

A friend had flown in from Providence on Thursday and we were waiting for a call so we could arrange a meet up either tonight or tomorrow. Got the call and it worked better for it to be tonight, so off to a few camera shops to have a good look round and get prices etc. some of these guys don#8217;t have a clue when it comes to selling a camera, all they want is to try and rip you off.

Anyway back from looking for a camera and we had a lazy few hours around the pool Early evening came and we all got ready and popped over to our friends for the evening

We decided to get a take out rather than eat out so off we popped to Sonny#8217;s on the 192, wasn#8217;t really sure what to have so we went for a party box type thing, changed a few of the things added bits and ended up with some HUGE meal. We had a great evening eating drinking and just having a great time. Got to bed about midnight all shattered and in need of a good nights sleep

Day 10
I woke up early and went to pick my friend up and we went off to a camera shop along the 192 that I had seen yesterday, its opposite Old Town next to the Hog shop. I had been quoted $400 from all the other shops for the camera I liked, anyway my mate did all the talking (yep a local Floridian) and I ended up getting the camera, 128Mb card
case, strap, charger adaptor for uk/usa/Europe for $300 which roughly worked out at £165 #8211; checked back home and this would cost me approx £290 #8211; so a bargain and at least I can now get some holiday pics. When we came out the shop the heavens opened up. So we gave up shopping and headed back

The kids were up when I got back and all fed but it was still raining so we all sat around planning our trip this afternoon to Seaworld, we wanted to see the late night Shamu show coswe loved that last year. Mid afternoon we headed for Seaworld. Kids went straight to see the Dolphins and we walked round having a good read about all the animals, its great to find the time to chat to the #8216;keepers#8217; and find out info on the animals. Anyway we had a great time and caught the shamu show and the mystify thingy at the end and both were fantastic,

we had arranged for some of our friends to pop over for a drink tonight cos the rocket is due to go up at 2am, so back to the villa and as arranged everyone turned up as planned and we had the table full of food and drink. Took lots of piccies and we were all having a great time laughing and mucking around, it was a great night, well that#8217;s until one of the kids asked what time the rocket was due to take off, we then realised it was 4am and if it had taken off then we had missed it. The party ended and we all went to bed as the sun was waking up

Day 11
Up late due to last night, I was up first and was clearing up from last night, kept quiet so everyone could have a lie in. it was a lovely morning, even though it was almost over. Finished doing the cleaning up and went for a swim, boy it felt good.

Everyone eventually woke up and off to DTD for shopping, boy was it hot today, anyway spent a good 5 hours looking around spending and having a good time, the place is huge now as we haven#8217;t been there since the mid 90#8217;s. by early evening everyone was starting to feel
worn out so we decided to leave and get some food on the way home

Sam said he wanted to go to #8216;Hooters#8217; oh yes I said lets go there, hehehe, anyway we got there and the girls realised why Sam wanted to go., To be honest the meal was fantastic I had wings and chips with Sam, everyone else had chicken salad. We ordered some wings
to take back to the villa and headed back. We sat around the pool for an hour or so and then all went to bed

Day 12
Mums birthday today so we made her breakfast in bed, The girls wanted to go shopping today and they chose the Florida Mall, so after we all got ready off we went we spent a small fortune on bits and bobs. After

stabard
20-08-2004, 18:55
Yea - I have heard Hooters have great hot wings[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

chrisj
20-08-2004, 19:12
:D:D:D:D

bridget
20-08-2004, 23:26
Ooh I can't wait for the next installment!!

Ray&Sarah
21-08-2004, 01:29
So now you've been to Hooters Chrisj, did you even notice if the food tasted good or not!!!:D:D[msnwink]:D:D

caseyd
21-08-2004, 16:51
Chris, the best part so far is the birthday breakfast in bed for the love of your life. What a sweet fella you are. Bet she'll remember that.

chrisj
21-08-2004, 17:17
The wings at Hooters were so good I ordered some more and took them back to the Villa

Cassey, sorry It was my mum's birthday not my wifes, sorry if I confused you

jolliffee
21-08-2004, 19:19
My wife loves wings, guess we'll just have to go to Hooters to try them[msnwink]

chrisj
21-08-2004, 19:48
Dave

They were the best wings we have had in Florida