PDA

View Full Version : Our Trip Day 5 to Day 8

chrisj
20-08-2004, 04:04
Day 5
Woke up at 6, kids still asleep so we sat by the pool having a lovely coffee and some toast. My job was to clean the little boogers as they became known from the pool. Kids woke up about 7:30 and had some food and then off we went to Epcot, we justlove this park, spent most of the morning in the innovations area, the kids were having
a great time, we did get on fast track, which was really great, was just thinking about some lunch when the heavens opened up

it rained for about 2 hours and was very heavy, so we took cover in the shops like most people did. When it stopped a lot of people had gone home and the park seemed very empty, we went on a few more rides and then found mission space had no queue at all and so went on it 4 times on the trot, after that I thought enough was enough so
we moved on to try all those flavoured cokes in the igloo thing, yukky some were really horrible, only a few were nice, came out and the rain had started again, was more like the drizzle we get back home, carried on going on the rides and having a great time,

we decided to leave showcase for another day as we were quite wet by now and starting to get cold. We left early evening and was going to stop for food on the way home but the kids were cold and so we went back to the villa to dry off and a change of clothes. While the girls did the food me and the kids went over the park at the entrance to Crescent lakes way and played around for an hour

We had a lovely chicken salad and then off for a long walk around the area, back to sit by the pool while the kids had a night swim then we went to bed as we were hitting Sea world tomorrow

Day 6
Up early and off we went, when we got to the entrance we noticed Poinciana was sealed off by the police, they let us through, Fox news was there as well, so not sure what was going on, later found out that a head on crash and happened. Got to Seaworld and straight on Atlantis and then Kraken, woohoo loved it. We walked around the whole park and the kids fed the dolphins, we watched all the shows and
was having a lovely day, about 4pm the storm hit and boy just like yesterday it was very heavy and seemed to go on and on, as we had been there early we decided to Call it a night and went back to the Villa, we turned into Poinciana and for some reason the traffic was bumper to bumper all the way to crescent lakes,

While the kids had hot baths I popped out to publix for some more hot chicken and salad for the villa, picked up some beef jerky cos I just love it, also picked up some #8216;Not Cuban#8217; cigars. Got back to the villa and had a lovely warm shower why dinner was being done. While we were eating the thunder and lighting came back, but we were safe under the huge lania, we decided to go to universal tomorrow

Day 7
Up earlier than yesterday, had a quick breccie and headed off to universal, gee what a very hot day, by the time we got from the car park to the park entrance we were soaked through, we went straight on terminator twice, what a great ride, queued for

Men in black and got a pass for it as well, the park seemed to be very dirty and we noticed people smoking all over the place, not as clean as the Disney parks, but we Spent a good day there. By late afternoon we were all parked out, it was the heat and so we decided to leave and come back another day. On the way back we popped into
Seaworld for a few hours so the kids could feed the dolphins again, they loved it and we got some great photos, then we headed back to the villa for a freshen up.

The traffic was very heavy al the way home, we got back to the villa and the first smoke alarm had been fixed and we found a second one had a low battery so left a message for the Mc, oh well batteries only last a certain time. We were really worn out today think the heat was starting to take its toll, we all had a swim to cool down and some food, me and the kids had a game of football with some of the kids from a few doors away, poor old dad only lasted 10 minutes or so. We decided that the kids might have a lie in tomorrow as sam wa

anna maria freak
20-08-2004, 12:20
Pity about the camera Chris [msnsad] though glad to see i`m not the only one who loves beef jerky [msntongue]

Paul & Lorraine

jolliffee
20-08-2004, 13:05
Hi Chris. Sounds like they had targeted you, these guys are so quick! Glad you didn't let it ruin the holiday but it is sad you lost the pics. Great 2nd report, wonder how those #8216;Not Cuban#8217 numbers are getting in there?

LesleyB
20-08-2004, 13:15
Good report - looking forward to the next installment, keep them coming!:D

chrisj
20-08-2004, 13:35
Theres no point in letting a loss like that get you down, spose to be honest I was a bit
stupid and paid the price, but at least its taught me to take a bit more care in future
and no one was physically hurt which is the most important thing.

blott
20-08-2004, 15:47
Chris, so sorry to hear about your camera. :( But, on the bright side, at least you didn't get lost during days 5 - 8! :D:D

chrisj
20-08-2004, 15:52
:D:D:D very funny, honestly we have no idea how we could have missed the turning
I mean the signs are big enough, but we did

as for the camera, well its gone and its covered on insurance, the only thing is the lost
pictures which is a shame. The main point is that it was taken without us being robbed or
mugged which would have been worse, at least i have learned a lesson to be more careful and
hopefully others will read my report and take a little extra care

stabard
20-08-2004, 18:52
Seem so strange - that crash on Poinciana - we just missed being involved! Was very nasty.
Sorry about the camara -as you say it is not so much the camara as the pics you have lost.

Big Mack
20-08-2004, 23:57
Hi Chris

Great reports, sorry to hear about your camera. If its any consolation your loss means that i am going to be mega carefull with mine when i go in 2 weeks time :D

I am also going to Aster Cove, how is it damage wise after Charlie?
Also is it quite easy to get to from Orlando International? I am a first timer and a bit nervous about the whole "Wrong side of the road, dont know where were going" thing.[msneek]

Cheers

Mack

Ray&Sarah
21-08-2004, 01:25
Sorry to hear about the camers Chrisj, like you say though at least no one was hurt.[msnsmile2]

rainyday
21-08-2004, 02:51
Getting worried now - what are the little boogers you have to clean from the pool? I thought the pools all had screens to keep creepy-crawlies away?

Daniel Snell
21-08-2004, 03:13
It's not the little boogers that you have to wory about it's the big grean scaly things that you do not want to see in you pool!:D Great report keep em coming Chris.:)

chrisj
21-08-2004, 17:20
Mack to get to Aster Cove is really easy, takes about 20 odd minutes unless you miss a turning
like I did,

The damage we saw when we left was not that bad, compared to what we saw when we got to the 192 area

The boogers are just flies that are small enough to fit through the netting, you get the odd few, but if
it rains you get more, its only a few minutes to hook them out