PDA

View Full Version : ebay

traceya89
20-08-2004, 03:01
has anyone bought anything off ebay.

of note there is some one on ebay selling a variety of those leaflets that you get on the malls about the attractions! could not believe that. also someone is selling a link to where the cheapest attraction tickets are for 99p! amazing.:D

linda.s
20-08-2004, 03:38
I buy and sell on eBay regularly! However, I sell and buy real things, not stuff like that! It's great for all sorts of items, but I tend to use it for the collectables I like, and also photographic items. You can get a real bargains, but there are sharks out there! I have seen several husbands up for sale this week, so the men on here better watch out :D

benfilo
20-08-2004, 03:38
you've only got to go to a car boot sale to see that some people will buy and sell anything[msnsmile]

benfilo

ps , got a parking ticket , reckon I can sell that?

porky
20-08-2004, 12:44
I've bought quite a few bits of ebay and am having 6 of these delivered to my home in Florida in a few weeks time - saves the Americabn sellers from having to post them here and me take them back. My son has sold 3 pcs on there and as he didn't have a PayPal account, all the money got paid into my account:D Nice of him wasn't it!!

I have just sent back o book I purchased on selling items on ebay and the guy that wrote it sells web links as well.

Jacqui

blott
20-08-2004, 15:55
Take care with Ebay. I purchased an article and, despite the seller having good reviews, it was never delivered and, despite complaining, I didn't manage to get my money back either. :( The seller has now disappeared...

ctgirlscout
20-08-2004, 18:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Take care with Ebay. I purchased an article and, despite the seller having good reviews, it was never delivered and, despite complaining, I didn't manage to get my money back either. :( The seller has now disappeared...
[/quote]

If you pay with Paypal, usually the card company will credit back your account if you file a dispute. I have also had a couple of instances where I purchased from someone with stellar ratings, and then the item never appeared, and they seemed to drop off the face of the earth!

Cruella DeVilla
20-08-2004, 19:33
I have around 800 feedbacks on EBay, buy and sell, only ever had 3 problems in 2 years, one presently which is something I bough and not happy with and the other 2 were stroppy new Ebayers who did not have the EBay etiquette sussed out. So 3:800 is good odds.

I laughed when I saw those leaflets for sale! Think I will fill my case up before we come home!! ;)

Ray&Sarah
20-08-2004, 22:15
Only ever bought one thing on e-bay, which had to be returned as it was faulty. Found the whole buying process complicated, other sites are easier.[msnsmile2]

Linicia
20-08-2004, 23:27
Have discovered how easy it is just a few weeks ago. Have bought a few items I wanted from QVC America but they would not send to the UK - watches are my indulgence at the moment. Also found some great chairs I would like for our villa to give it a bit of a wacky, holiday feel. Only problem I have is that it's not built yet so I haven't bid as I have nowhere to send them.
Also saw a ring pull from an "original" Coca Cola can and someone had bid for it! I'm still not sure if it was worth something to someone or the seller just thought it would be easier to sell it on ebay than put it in the bin.
Linicia

cjboatman
21-08-2004, 02:03
I am also an ebay addict. We can spend hours online just looking at rubbish. We really must get a life.

We do buy and sell a few things, and only ever had one bad experience and that was with a trader who got stroppy. They have since been kicked off ebay for bad deals with other users. Thats according to their feedback rating anyway.

Its good if you are looking for something in particular. I collect Disneyana, and you can always find something special, different or rare. Karen is a crafter and is always buying nic-nacs for cardmaking.

markalex
22-08-2004, 19:37
We have purchased a few things on there over the last 7-8 years and never had a bad experience (yet). We have got some real bargains in the Software Dept (working in IT, they always comes in handy)

Although, tried being a seller for the first time last month, to sell our timeshare week for this year, but was unsuccesful. I spose people don't use Ebay to book holidays, just buy real stuff. (Anyone out there want to use our timeshare week?

[msnwink]