PDA

View Full Version : Hello i'm new to this......

janwebb
20-08-2004, 02:24
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, not really sure how to get the best information from the site - any help much appreciated. Reside in Yorkshire (UK) holidayed in Florida Sep 2003 & booked to go back again Aug/Sep 2005 any good tips you can give me?:)

blott
20-08-2004, 03:55
Hi Jan

Welcome to the forum!

Well, all the info's probably on here, it's just a matter of clicking around the sections or subjects that you're interested in really but if you've got any specific questions, just shout and we'll do our best to help!

Enjoy! :)

Lynnes
20-08-2004, 10:13
Hi

I'm from Yorkshire too a great place to live and as for Florida holidays well lets face it you can't find better.
Why not try the search button at the top of the forum for anything you need.

Cheers

KevinT
20-08-2004, 12:47
Hi Janice,
I'm from Yorkshire originally (Harrogate)but have lived in Durham for about 35 years.
Welcome to the forum. Whatever you want to ask about Florida holidays , just go ahead - the folks on this forum are tops at sharing their experience of the area. Also click on search in the top menu and may find that your subject has been discussed before.
Regards

Ana
20-08-2004, 13:31
Hi Jan

I am originally from Yorkshire too. I lived in Hull until about 5 years ago when I moved to the mecca of the south - Basingstoke!

This Forum is great for whatever you want to know, welcome!

janwebb
20-08-2004, 13:55
Thanks very much for the welcome everyone! :D

We have booked a villa at Sunset Lakes through [name edited] - has anyone had dealings with this company & do you know what Sunset Lakes is like?

Thanks

KevinT
20-08-2004, 14:05
Hi again Janice,
Sunset Lakes is a very nice gated community set round a lake, just off Funie Steed Road which runs parallel to the US192 which has loads of shops and restaurants. One or two TV personalities used to own on that site (maybe still do!) so you might have famous neighbours! it's probably 6 or 7 minutes drive from Disney depending on traffic.

It's a really pretty development - I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

ravtino
20-08-2004, 14:53
Hi and welcome I too live in Yorkshire, all I can say is read read and read more then ask lots of questions! I have found all the info invalu[msnsmile]ble

linsan
20-08-2004, 15:18
Hi and welcome. As you have probably gathered by now that everyone on this forum is helpful and friendly. Use the search facility for any question as it's sure to have been asked and answered, if not just post away!

Daniel Snell
20-08-2004, 16:45
Hello and welcome to the madhouse!!:D

zerotone
21-08-2004, 16:07
Hi I live in Yorkshire too and have recently bought a villa in Florida. This forum has been invaluable to me. However, you do get hooked, so beware[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]. I think the TV personality that has /had a villa on sunset lakes was Lorraine Kelly (GMTV).

Welcome to the family

Jane

Ray&Sarah
21-08-2004, 17:51
Hi Jan, welcome to the forum, you'll certainly find all the information you could possibly want about Florida on this site, just use the search facility. We have found it to be a great source of information, the encyclopedia of Florida!:D

jolliffee
21-08-2004, 19:03
Hello Jan. A very warm welcome to the forum, I can see you have found some local friends already...[msnsmile2]

janwebb
23-08-2004, 14:58
I know - its great. Can't quite believe that so many from Yorkshire in just a few days. Thanks all. I'm going to have a real good look around the site I've already had a good response to an enquiry about Sunset Lakes

CarolAnn
23-08-2004, 21:18
Hi Jan! WElcome:DBe prepared for lots of time in here, but it really is worth it:D:)
The search facility works well and will help you find out more specific info[msnwink]But if you just read through as much as you can you will find out so much you will need to write some bits of it down, there really is so muchre info here :D:)
Best wishes

lisi
24-08-2004, 23:23
Welcome to the forum. You will find the site invaluable - so much help and advice and everyone willing to answer your questions. I took loads of print outs last time I went because I simply couldn't remember everything but I learned the quick ways to Walmart - where the best places to eat where on the 192 - you name it, someone will come up with the answer.:)

Lisi

Scotborder
25-08-2004, 02:33
Hello Jan

Welcome to the forum. For general information about Orlando, this web site has Florida Guide that gives you useful info. You will find articles on a wide range of subjects, all relating to vacationing in the Sunshine State. Enjoy reading!!

Maria

plymouth-hunni
05-09-2004, 21:43
hi Jan,
Welcome to the forum!:D

janwebb
13-09-2004, 19:14
Thanks again for the welcome, I've not really had time to digest much information - don't come to Florida till next year so no doubt I will spend hours looking through the site when it gets closer! I hope no-one has been affected too badly with the terrible hurricanes.

LiesaAnna
13-09-2004, 19:43
Hi Jan
this web site was new to me until 2weeks ago, now am totally hooked the housework just aint getting done!!!!!!! cannot get enough of florida all the little titbits even if they dont seem important are being taken on board for when we go in December so there is never any reason no-one should not have a good time!!!!!!!!
welcome!!!!!!:)

shenon
25-09-2004, 16:49
hi and welcome to the forum,it is very addictive as i'm sure you will find out,the search facility at the top of the page is brill and a good short cut:D:D