PDA

View Full Version : Owners: late checkout?

Cheshirecat
19-08-2004, 20:36
Hi

We have rented before but I figured this was the best place to ask this question.

What is the deal with late checkouts? If the villa we end up booking for next year doesn't have anyone due to checkin the same day we leave, can we ask for a late checkout and what do owners normally charge for this? What time would you consider reasonable (I'm thinking maybe 2pm as we will probably be flying US Airways via PHL)

We will have 2 children with us (2.5 and about 15 months old) and I think it might be that bit easier for us.

Thanks in advance

Carolyn

Lynnes
19-08-2004, 20:45
Hi

This would depend on guests arriving. In our villa if a request is made and we do not have new guests that day we do not charge anymore.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-08-2004, 20:46
I'm sure if the owner does not have another booking arriving the same day they will let you checkout at 2pm with no extra cost. I know we would in our own villas [msnsmile2]

caroline
19-08-2004, 21:03
We do the same, if there's no guest checking in, there's no charge for a late check out.

Cheshirecat
19-08-2004, 21:04
Thanks :) will bear it in mind then. The other 2 times I've been I've hated that last day. Felt really in limbo with all the stuff in the car. Couldn't do a themepark and felt a bit uneasy leaving the car with all the stuff it in outside the mall or something. I just didnl;t want to come across as being cheeky or unreasonable.

We've just had a brillant quote back through an enquiry we made on villasflorida on Saturday. Looks very interesting :) although will need to check again as our dates have changed.

Carolyn

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-08-2004, 21:41
If you are flying with Virgin you can checkin on the morning of your last day at Downtown Disney and then spend the last day at the parks. It's great as it wears the children out before the flight and they sleep all the way home [msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cheshirecat
Thanks :) will bear it in mind then. The other 2 times I've been I've hated that last day. Felt really in limbo with all the stuff in the car. Couldn't do a themepark and felt a bit uneasy leaving the car with all the stuff it in outside the mall or something. I just didnl;t want to come across as being cheeky or unreasonable.

We've just had a brillant quote back through an enquiry we made on villasflorida on Saturday. Looks very interesting :) although will need to check again as our dates have changed.

Carolyn
[/quote]

Cheshirecat
19-08-2004, 22:07
Oooooh I did not know that!

Will definitely bear that in mind when we book. Can't make our minds up yet whether to do MAN-MCO via PHL with US Airways (done this route before, they have a great IFE system which is a big plus), Virgin direct to MCO from MAN, another routing/airline to Tampa or American Airlines.... a lot will depend on the cost. US Airways have some great prices. I booked my parents a MAN-PHL-MCO out, back DFW-PHL-MAN for 199 each plus tax and my sister got a fantastic rate for this September. Think we are leaning towards them at the moment, depends how much we can get a Virgin ticket for. I work in travel so can look at all the airlne's Fare Quote Displays for published fares, as well as the company's nego fares. Will be watching closely! Also I think Virgin lease their MAN-MCO aircraft from Air Atlanta (something like that) so I'm sot sure what the IFE is like. WE flew LGW-MCO and I didn't rate it to be honest. You can pause stuff on the US Airways one so you don't miss films/programmes you've started to watch when your dinner comes, or can read a book then watch a film when you feel like it, not when they put it on....!

Jill
19-08-2004, 22:40
We are quite happy to let guests check out late if we do not have anyone going into our villa later the same day. However, our 'dear' management company are now trying to charge us $50 for this as a late check out fee. We have got round it by adding an extra day to the length of stay we notify to the management company.

ctgirlscout
19-08-2004, 22:43
We have always let guest check-in or out at different times if it did not affect other guests, and we have never charged them, either.

carolmc
20-08-2004, 00:42
We also allow guests to check out "late" - once we know in advance.

Nostromo
20-08-2004, 01:00
We had booked a late evening flight and specifically requested a late check-out at 5pm. We were allowed to overstay at no extra cost, but the owners did say that it might have been difficult if they had new guests arriving the following day (which they did not). It depends on the time of the year you plan to go; it will be easier off season.

Cheshirecat
20-08-2004, 01:01
This is all really helpful, thank you. Really good to get an owners perspective.

Carolyn

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-08-2004, 01:46
Personally we go for Virgin every time as you get most of the afternoon (they land at just after 2pm from Manchester so you are at the villa for 4pm) and first evening and then all of the last day (thanks to the Downtown Disney checkin). With the indirect flights you usually do not land in Orlando until 7pm or later and so do not get to the villa until 10pm and then on the last day there is not enough time to do the parks as you have to be at the airport early.

Virgin is more expensive than indirect flights but we think it's a good price to pay for virtually 1 1/2 days of holiday that would otherwise be lost.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cheshirecat
Oooooh I did not know that!

Will definitely bear that in mind when we book. Can't make our minds up yet whether to do MAN-MCO via PHL with US Airways (done this route before, they have a great IFE system which is a big plus), Virgin direct to MCO from MAN, another routing/airline to Tampa or American Airlines.... a lot will depend on the cost. US Airways have some great prices. I booked my parents a MAN-PHL-MCO out, back DFW-PHL-MAN for 199 each plus tax and my sister got a fantastic rate for this September. Think we are leaning towards them at the moment, depends how much we can get a Virgin ticket for. I work in travel so can look at all the airlne's Fare Quote Displays for published fares, as well as the company's nego fares. Will be watching closely! Also I think Virgin lease their MAN-MCO aircraft from Air Atlanta (something like that) so I'm sot sure what the IFE is like. WE flew LGW-MCO and I didn't rate it to be honest. You can pause stuff on the US Airways one so you don't miss films/programmes you've started to watch when your dinner comes, or can read a book then watch a film when you feel like it, not when they put it on....!
[/quote]