PDA

View Full Version : night time photos

traceya89
18-08-2004, 23:02
i have a good camera but always find that my night time disney parade photos never turn out very well. i have had a digitial camera for nearly a year and have just worked out how to use it! night time photos dont seem very clear either on this camera, although i have not used it it florida yet. any hints from anyone so that i can get some disney night time photos when i next go.:D

amy
18-08-2004, 23:37
If you have a Multifunction flash try setting it to slow sinc mode and you can get some good results.

traceya89
18-08-2004, 23:42
sounds a bit complicated. will get the manuals out to see how i do that!¬
thanks.

Nostromo
18-08-2004, 23:47
If you find using the slow-sync flash complicated, an alternative method is to use a tripod or monopod to support your camera and shoot without flash (ie flash off). The camera adjusts to a longer exposure in the auto mode but you risk colour casts from the artificial lights and movement blurring.

Nostromo
18-08-2004, 23:50
Another trick is to change the ISO setting on your digital camera to the fastest possible, usually 400 or even 800. Then you get brighter night shots, but at a small compromise in image quality.

dolphinv
19-08-2004, 01:57
you can get a night time film 35mm, it has a different ISO setting this allows the shutter to open longer and therefore you get more light in. The photos should be as you see with your eye!!