PDA

View Full Version : shopping

tyson1212
18-08-2004, 14:18
i go on 4 sep, my wife loves to shop, what is the best shopping malls in florida, we have 6 children.( ages 10-2)

KevinT
18-08-2004, 15:43
Hi Tyson,
There are so many good ones it's hard to know where to start.

The Florida Mall - on Orange Blossom Trail
The Vineland Mall - Between I - 4 and International Drive South
The Mall of the Millennia
The Osceola Mall (may not be reopened yet)
Beltz Designer outlets (Top of International Drive)
Festival Bay (Also top of I - Drive)

just a few to be going on with - not sure how much damage they sustained but will hopefully be fully open by September.

Happy shopping.

DMC
18-08-2004, 15:50
Your wife won't be disappointed :D

Not sure were you are staying but our favorite place is the Premium OutletS at the southern end of International Drive it is approx 2 mile south of Seaworld.

Plenty of good shops and loads of bargains, if you go to Guest Services in the central Food Court and show your passport you will get a leaflet that offers extra discount in many of the stores.

The Belz Factory Outlet is at the top end of I'Drive and is ok for a short stop but not a sgood as the Premium Outlet ( in my view )

Combine the Belz with a trip to Mall of The Mallenia which is approx 3 mile further up I 4 - ideal for window shopping and picking up the more top end items such as Gucci / Burberry etc.

For more middle of the road items then the Florida Mall out towards the Airport is good plenty of department stores to visit.

Another tip if you go to Macey's / Bloomingdales ( they are part of the same compnay ) at either of these centres, if you go to customer services and present your passport and you will get a discount card that gives you a further 11% off.

Have fun.

jolliffee
18-08-2004, 16:00
Hello Tyson.
You'll need to give your wife some space; there are loads of places you and the young ones can go for a couple of hours (or should that be a couple of days?)[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
18-08-2004, 19:52
The best overall shopping mall is the Premium Outlet Mall, but Florida Mall, Mall at Millenia, the two Belzes, LBV etc are also good.

Cruella DeVilla
18-08-2004, 21:14
DMC,
I think you are the only other person who I have come across that does not rate Belz!! Hooray!

amy
18-08-2004, 22:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
DMC,
I think you are the only other person who I have come across that does not rate Belz!! Hooray!
[/quote]
Belz used to be one of the best places to shop but we have seen it go downhill over the last 18 months with a lot of shops moving out to the newer venues
So CDV you have found 2 people in one day.......double hooray:):)

carrie
19-08-2004, 14:20
Hi Going soon, kids have their shopping lists ready, please can u tell me the best place to buy Van's trainers and skateboard stuff etc.
Thanks
We will only have one day to shop by the looks of all the parks we have bought tickets for, mind you i might just drop huby and kids and go by myself.
Also last time i was there 96' i bought loads of perfume in a small shop think it was on intl drive? is perfume still cheaper?

LOL
Carrie

nic3
28-08-2004, 19:11
I looking to buy some cheap designer clothes...such as guess,diesel etc.... is the Premium Outlet Mall the best place to go??

brizzle
28-08-2004, 20:38
Carrie - There is a Vans shop in the Belz mall at the top if I-Drive. Last trip the offer was buy one pair get second pair half price. I think I got two pairs for about £30, bargain.

Nic3 - Premium Outlets is a good place for Guess, DKNY etc... Another place that had a Guess shop was the Belz Designer Outlet. Got a few decent bargains in Guess last trip
Store listing for Premium - http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=17

At the moment they have a Seniors offer on Tuesdays whereby if you someone over 50 buys something they get a 10% discount. You can guess where I'll be dragging my Mum next time :).

Brizzle

Cruella DeVilla
30-08-2004, 00:55
Amy,
We have seen it go downhill in the last 10 years or so since we first went. We have not been there for about 3 years as there are genuine bargains out there. You do not see too mnay locals at Beltz!

brizzle
30-08-2004, 12:24
I have to own up, I don't go in most of the shops at Belz but you have to cherry pick sometimes.
Carrie wanted Vans trainers and they have do have a great Vans shop.
I would also rate it for their :

Gap outlet
Osh Kosh outlet
a couple of Levi stores
a toy liquidators
Disney outlet store

The rest of the shops are not really worth a look to be honest but there are good bargains to be had if you just pop in for an hour or two.

I will admit it doesn't come near some of the newer outlets such as Premium.

Brizzle

Ray&Sarah
30-08-2004, 13:52
Have to agree with you Brizzle, we only popped into the Beltz mall to go to the Vans trainers shop for our lads and the Osh Kosh shop for a friends little boy. Didn't bother with the rest as it has certainly gone down hill since the first time we went. Once you have been to Orlando a few times you know where to get the bargains you are hunting for.:D

Nostromo
30-08-2004, 13:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nic3
I looking to buy some cheap designer clothes...such as guess,diesel etc.... is the Premium Outlet Mall the best place to go??
[/quote]

My wife and her sister visited most of the big malls on our recent trip. My sister-in-law was on a rather restricted budget and was looking for precisely the same thing as you are - 'cheap(ish) designer clothes'. She swore that Premium Outlet Mall offered the best choice by some distance, though Florida Mall & Belz Designer Outlet Center also had good selections.

heathercobbett
30-08-2004, 16:46
Buy the Orlando Sentinel and thet will have details of any sales (sometimes they only last a day)

Also I prefer off mall shopping,but that is a little more difficult if you dont know where you are going

DISNEYDIVA
31-08-2004, 13:51
QUOTE:

"At the moment they have a Seniors offer on Tuesdays whereby if you someone over 50 buys something they get a 10% discount. You can guess where I'll be dragging my Mum next time"

OMG.............. I have been slowly coming to terms with my turning the big "50" two weeks ago when i read your post. My family thought it was very funny - now i have to admit to being old to get a discount in Florida.........................

[msncry][msnwink]