PDA

View Full Version : Balloon Flights

blott
13-09-2002, 23:04
Got a special occasion coming up or just want to treat yourself? Try a champagne balloon flight!

Early start as you have to be there at 6 am but you do get an all you can eat breakfast afterwards and a flight certificate!

Check out http://www.angelfire.com/fl/orangeblossomballoon/index.html

Blott

imported_n/a
14-09-2002, 01:11
Has anyone ever done a helicopter ride? Do they go over Disney? Dying to go on one but petrified of heights but have promised my 8yr old a trip for her 9th birthday - 10th birthday is a day at Discovery Cove (got to save for that one.)

fiona
14-09-2002, 01:28
Has anyone done this balloon flight? Will someone with a fear of heights be able to cope? I have always wanted to do a balloon flight, but over the past 15 years I have developed such a fear of heights - I wasn't even happy on the Sea World Tower - unless I just looked straight ahead!

Fiona

blott
14-09-2002, 12:22
Jane

Yes, done a helicopter flight and it depends on which one you get as to the route. I don't like flying in jumbo jets and I think a helicopter is better but that's just me!

Fiona

You're in a basket underneath a huge hot air balloon with no steering - I think if you don't like heights, this is probably not a good idea for you, particularly as it's expensive if you don't like it!

Blott

jewell
14-09-2002, 12:32
Hot air balloons fly over our villa on Orange Tree on a regular basis, it's always very early in the morning. So low one morning that the pilot/driver/captain whatever he is, was able to say good morning to my son who was stood on our pool deck looking up in amazement!!

Have seen them land and it can be a bit 'random', in the sense that perhaps the front lawn of one villa wasn't where he intended to be. But on that occasion they parked up, had their breakfast, chatted to us (we were on the tennis court at the time) and then packed up into the flatbed van and drove off.

It does look peaceful, especially so early in the morning, but you still wouldn't get me up there. Personally I like a bit more 'control'.

Sandra

esprit
14-09-2002, 14:30
Never done the balloon flight over Kissimmee but we did do one last year in Luxor over the Valley of the Kings. Cost an arm and a leg but it was for a big birthday of my husbands. You dont really feel like you are very high up. I was not in the bit afraid and was too busy looking around in wonderment of it all to be scared. We came back having had a marvellous time and were discussing it by the pool, when a lady who overheard came over and told us that the balloon the day before had had to ditch from quite a height. Apparently the basket hit the floor hard and everyone had fallen out. No one badly hurt but a lot of bruises. It would not put me off going again ( money permitting) because accidents happen, but the safety aspects should be born in mind.

Julie Carty