PDA

View Full Version : Highlands Reserve Villa Damage

deniseb90
16-08-2004, 19:23
Hi, I'm off to Highlands Reserve with TCD on 30 September. Just rang TCD to check everything was still ok and was told that HR have experienced some damage on some of their villas, so we're not sure if we will be moved to another community or not!!

Bit peed off as I really want to stay at HR!!! Mind you, we've got about 6 weeks or so before we go, so hopefully they'll be fixed by then (fingers crossed!)

Don't know if anyone else has heard anything like this??

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-08-2004, 19:49
As far as I know Highlands Reserve came off reasonably well as the main storm was centered on the Kissimmee area. A Highlands Reserve owner will be able to better advise you.

Julieb
16-08-2004, 21:06
I have a villa on HR and am not aware of any damage to other villas.

Ruth
16-08-2004, 21:20
I am pleased to report that Highlands Reserve suffered very little damage overall and I have not heard of any significant damage to any villa on our community:)

ClareC
17-08-2004, 01:36
We own on Highlands Reserve and all we had was a tree down on the front lawn. As far as I know thats about the extent of the damage there, just a few trees.

Have a great holiday

deniseb90
19-08-2004, 16:18
Thanks for that!!! Maybe it's just TCD's way of saying that if we don't get Highlands Reserve (as booked) then they've covered themselves (ie. if they have a contractor on a different community they have to use) - will be really peeed off if we don't get a villa at HR now!

dbrook
19-08-2004, 18:24
Think you could be right there Denise! We also own on HR and are not aware of any damage. Phoned our guests to check too who also told us Highlands Reserve didn't seem to be affected.

Snapper
23-08-2004, 08:30
Hi Denise,

I'm in my home on Highlands right now and from what I have seen there is very little damage. Most homes were lucky enough even to have power. So far I have only seen a couple of small trees blown down.

So as far as I can tell there should be no hurricane related reason to switch you to another community.

Hope that helps put your (and other owners on Highlands) mind at ease.

Best wishes, Steve.

heathercobbett
23-08-2004, 11:48
Denise,we are on Westridge (just down the road from HR,and apart from a tree down,there was no other damage and I have not heard of any on H.R.Also the Americans seem very efficient at putting things right even if there were.

Have a great time

Ian Dee
23-08-2004, 12:08
No damage either at nearby Calabay Parc

CarolAnn
23-08-2004, 12:49
It would appear that Calabay came off reallywell, no popwer loss and no phones out:)Very pleased!
With regard to damage at HR, hopefully it will be a few roof tiles or the glass out of an outside light, nothing major.
:)Best wishes

deniseb90
23-08-2004, 16:00
Thanks for that - just hope TCD keep us at HR - I know all the communities are lovely but just really fancied this one this time!!

Julieb
23-08-2004, 21:23
Maybe next time you will book direct with one of the HR owners on this forum.