PDA

View Full Version : visa waiver left in passport

vickers
16-08-2004, 00:11
Hi
We recently found our i94w (visa waiver form) left in our passports.

We have sent them off with proof of our arrival back in the U.K (pay slips,bank statements,credit card bills etc) along with a self addressed envelope to the address given on the U.S.embassy website.

That was a month ago and we have had no response. Could those of you who have faced this problem before tell us if you received a response or how we find out if everything will be ok as we travel to the U.S. again on the 18th sept.

Thanks
Colin and Julie

Cruella DeVilla
16-08-2004, 00:19
Try telephoning them, as it could cause problems on next visit.

E. Cosgrove
16-08-2004, 00:27
This happened to us only recently Colin and Julie. My husband went to Chicago on business and returned home on 17th of July only to find his green visa waiver still inside his passport. We flew to Denver on the 22nd July expecting to encounter all sorts of problems, he had the visa waiver ready and his boarding card to prove that he had left the country but we had no problems at all. It could have been because he was well inside the 90 day limit of the visa waiver. We didn't draw anyones attention to the problem as we arrived in case they changed their minds about letting him in but we made sure we gave in both green visa waivers as we left.

vickers
16-08-2004, 00:38
Hi

Thanks for your reply's

Unfortunately we didn't discover our cards until way after we should have been back in the U.K.

I would be very interested in the telephone number to ring if you know it as i couldn't find one anywhere on the U.S. embassy website.

I want to get this sorted as i don't wish to encounter any problems.

P.S i phoned the airline who we flew with and they assured me that this happens all the time and that there would be no problem next time as the computer records would show that we had left!

Colin & Julie

Scotborder
16-08-2004, 02:12
This also happened to us. As it was our first time we didn't know that this visa waiver should have taken off by the airline staff when we checked in for our flights coming back to UK. So they were still attached in Alastair passport when we went back to Orlando and have been questioned by the immigration staff why we still have the visa waiver, we said we don't know.

It's good we kept them and did'nt detach them and throw away, or we could have been in trouble if we didn't have them with us.

As CDV advised, try to phone them again and get response before you go out.

Maria

blott
16-08-2004, 02:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vickers
Hi

Thanks for your reply's

Unfortunately we didn't discover our cards until way after we should have been back in the U.K.

I would be very interested in the telephone number to ring if you know it as i couldn't find one anywhere on the U.S. embassy website.

I want to get this sorted as i don't wish to encounter any problems.

P.S i phoned the airline who we flew with and they assured me that this happens all the time and that there would be no problem next time as the computer records would show that we had left!

Colin & Julie
[/quote]Try this at the US Embassy:

Operator Assisted Visa Information Service: Call 09055-444-546 Monday through Friday, between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm, and Saturday, between 09.00 am and 4.00 pm. The service is not available on British public holidays. Calls to this line are charged at £1.30/min from BT landlines. Some mobile and network providers may charge more. In addition, callers from outside the United Kingdom and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number.

Written Information: Written information is available from:

The Consular Information Unit
United States Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square
LONDON W1A 1AE

A stamped, self-addressed envelope must accompany the request.

Ray9
18-08-2004, 09:44
I still have the I-94 or I-94W in my possession; what should I do? Under U.S. law, all travellers to the United States must return the I-94 or I-94W departure record cards to the appropriate USCIS authorities before departing the United States. A traveler who fails to do so may be recorded as making an untimely departure from the United States. Without an accurate record that you departed the United States within the time set when you entered the country, the USCIS may conclude that you overstayed the period of time granted on admission.

If you are still in possession of the I-94 or I-94W it is your responsibility to ensure that it is surrendered to the appropriate authorities so that your record is corrected and that you do not experience any problems on future travel to the United States as a result.

You are required to complete the back of the card listing the port of departure and date of departure from the United States and the carrier/flight information. The I-94 or I-94W together with a letter of explanation and evidence of your departure from the U.S. should be sent to

ACS - USCIS, SBU, P.O Box 7125,
London, KY 40742-7125,
USA

More: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/ins/i94.htm

traceya89
18-08-2004, 16:50
I am sure the americans must misplace things. what happens if they lose a visa waiver ???

blott
18-08-2004, 17:54
I'm sure they do Tracey but it doesn't matter to us from the UK as to what happens to the Americans does it? Each country makes up their own rules and regulations (as is their right) and we have to follow the US rules if we want to visit there, just the same as every other country's citizens have to follow ours if they want to visit here.

chris
01-09-2004, 20:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vickers
Hi
We recently found our i94w (visa waiver form) left in our passports.

We have sent them off with proof of our arrival back in the U.K (pay slips,bank statements,credit card bills etc) along with a self addressed envelope to the address given on the U.S.embassy website.

That was a month ago and we have had no response. Could those of you who have faced this problem before tell us if you received a response or how we find out if everything will be ok as we travel to the U.S. again on the 18th sept.

Thanks
Colin and Julie
[/quote]

I sent off Paul's when he came back from his last business trip. We havent heard anything from them so are just planning on taking copies of all the documents sent to them when we next go out there.

CarolAnn
01-09-2004, 23:46
Our visa waiver was still in Hubby's passport this April from our previous trip last April!! We were made to feel like naughty school children, and promised we would never do it again
:(:(I understand we were lucky this time, but to be honest, WE hadn't done it, it was left in there from when we came through last year. But whinging at immigration offices IS NOT what you do, trust me [msnwink]

Floridalover
01-09-2004, 23:59
I discovered mine in my passport whilst we were still on the ground in New York last year. The doors had already been closed but the crew gave it to captain who promptly threw it out of his window (!!!!) in a sick bag to the dispatcher below.[:I]