PDA

View Full Version : Best day to go

Big Mack
15-08-2004, 13:37
Hi everyone,

I am off to Florida with my family in 20 days time :D. I have been told that September is one of the slower months so queues should not be too long, however i was wondering if you guys have noticed if there was any day of the week which is quieter than others to go to IOA.

Thanks

Mack

BlueDaze
15-08-2004, 14:06
Mack,

Possibly avoid the weekends as local kids/teenagers with annual passes will be there.

Nostromo
16-08-2004, 00:02
Actually, TUESDAY seems to be the quietest day at IoA. I am not sure why, but we went on a Tuesday twice (on separate trips) and it was quietish. I have read reports from other members that they too found Tuesdays quiet at IoA.

Lesley 999
16-08-2004, 00:26
Have to agree with Nostromo. We went last Tuesday (seems weeks ago now!) Make sure you are in the park as early as poss. We were on Spiderman and Hulk before 9.00 and had done all the big rides by 11.15 with virtually no queueing. However during the afternoon people were waiting for 40 mins plus for the water rides and Hulk etc. Have a good holiday, I'm already jealous!

Nostromo
16-08-2004, 11:02
Another thing that I have mentioned that you can do on a Tuesday at IoA is to tour it COUNTER-CLOCKWISE, stating from Seuss Landing and coming to Marvel Island last. That way, you will be going against the main crowd, get to Duelling Dragons earlier and have a better chance of shorter queues for the front rows. Also, because Tuesday is quiet at IoA, the UE passes will still be available when you reach Spiderman & Hulk.

Big Mack
17-08-2004, 01:21
Thanks very much guys, Tuesday it is then. :D

I am just about to post the same question in the Universal forum, any help would be much appreciated

Thanks [msnsmile2]

Mack

bridget
17-08-2004, 14:05
We went on a Sunday about 6 weeks ago so it was peak season and got on all the rides without queuing at all! In fact, we got on Hulk, Spiderman and Duelling Dragons twice. Just make sure you get there as soon as park opens [8D]

Ana
17-08-2004, 15:27
Last trip we went on a Sunday and a Friday. The Sunday was, as Bridget says, very quiet. The Friday was chaotic and we didn't ride anything as all queues were in excess of 90mins!

finishrich
25-08-2004, 02:52
You might find this useful for planning which days of the week you visit each park:
http://www.***/Tickets/orlando/avoid-the-lines.htm?AID=5516692&PID=929310

finishrich
25-08-2004, 02:57
Link didn't work above, so just copy and paste the details below, it displays a calendar with the major parks marks are busy, average etc.

http://www.***/Tickets/orlando/avoid-the-lines.htm?AID=5516692&PID=929310

finishrich
25-08-2004, 03:01
As you can see I'm a newbie on this forum. The web sites I gave above have not appeared. Should I not be posting links to other websites on this forum? It's not a referral or anything just a calendar with the best days to visit each park