PDA

View Full Version : Charley/ gulf coast

andrewmckay5
14-08-2004, 18:58
Just spoken to my renters in Rotonda and they said no damage atall. I know a few of us on the OV site own in Rotonda so hopefully everybody has such good news.
Our thoughts are with everybody in Florida.

Thsi link for the herald tribune has a load of up to date news for the prot Charlotte area.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

andrew

Mo Green
14-08-2004, 21:11
Just been in touch with my renters (Long Meadow Lane) as well and they report no damage although several properties nearby have some minor damage.
Our thoughts are with those poor folks in Punta Gorda.

Mo

Cruella DeVilla
14-08-2004, 22:31
Yeh ironic thing was they were not expecting it to hit there hence the trailer parks still being occupied. Everyone of them have been totalled:(

The Italian Job
14-08-2004, 23:28
No definate news for me yet. Our home's phone is now dead. Our MCs phone is not working and their cell just has an answerphone. I spoke to my realtor and they are safe but they left town yesterday and are now trying to return home. They have spoken to friends/neighbours who did stay at home today and they say that the storm was terrible but her home has only minor damage. Thankfully there was no flooding (they are on a deep water canal). We are on open water but as their home is quite close to ours I am now more hopeful that we may still have a home for the guests to go to. Our realtor is going to check out our home for us once she is back in the area and I am going to phone her at 9-10pm UK time.

The Italian Job
15-08-2004, 03:10
We have just heard from our realtor and our MC. We have been so lucky as we are on open water in a low lying area. Some damage to the pool cage and we have lost most of the trees in the garden (one missed the pool cage by an inch!) but no flooding and no obvious damage to the house. The guests have arrived, they have power, no fresh food but they are fine. I still can’t phone them but I am so relieved.

foxfirelane
16-08-2004, 16:37
Hi there, looks like we all had a pretty lucky escape down in Naples. My house escaped undamaged, but plenty of trees down. I hear Fort Myers Beach was badly hit, as were Marco, Captiva and Sanibel islands.

andrewmckay5
16-08-2004, 21:37
Richard, Irene and Mark,
Glad to hear things are not too bad; count our blessings.
andrew