PDA

View Full Version : AK closed - other Disney Parks.........

13-08-2004, 17:31
Latest from Florida.........

Animal Kingdom closed today due to Charley and all other parks closing at 1pm.

Its the calm before the storm at the moment...........scattered clouds and no wind.............

Lucy

Nostromo
13-08-2004, 19:38
Fair enough. The poor animals need a shelter from the storm too, though I suppose such natural phenomena won't bother them too much.

esprit
13-08-2004, 20:34
Seaworld open, poor old Shmau, he never gets a day off!!

traceya89
18-08-2004, 05:02
was the full admission price charged??? or was a raincheck issued. if i had to pay full price for half a day would not have entered the park.

CarolAnn
19-08-2004, 18:35
Just wondered if there were any reports on how AK coped during the Hurricane recently? Must have been quite a job to ensure the animals didn't run wild[?]:(

Nostromo
20-08-2004, 01:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Just wondered if there were any reports on how AK coped during the Hurricane recently? Must have been quite a job to ensure the animals didn't run wild[?]:(
[/quote]

Animals, even in captivity, cope instinctively well with natural phenomena like thunderstorms. It is artificial disturbances (like explosions) that bother them, but they can cope well with those too given time. Notice the nonchalant ducks during the Epcot pyrotechinics?

CarolAnn
10-09-2004, 15:02
Glad the animals know hope to cope best themselves:) I would find it quite interesting to be able to speak to the qualified cast members about the procedures they put in place during recent events, a bet that is really interesting:)