PDA

View Full Version : Rained off

traceya89
13-08-2004, 03:30
Has anyone ever paid the admission fee to one of the water parks and been rained off, and if so do you get a refund if you have only been in an hour or so? Bit unfair if you dont get a refund, but then again Disney are not exactly generous at times!

Nostromo
13-08-2004, 10:50
I don't think Disney have a refund poicy based on weather for Water Parks; most people use the free access via their Hopper Plus passes anyway. The only time we got a refund was when the outdoor Polynesian Luau Dinner Show had to be cancelled because of rain.

Elaine62
13-08-2004, 13:49
we were rained off for about 2 hours at Blizzard beach because of thunder & lightning. All the water rides were closed but we weren't asked to leave the park. We just sat around chatting and reading as it wasn't cold, just wet and there were parasols that you could sit under. What it meant was that we could move to a really good spot and be first on the rides when they re-opened. This is exactly what we did and enjoyed the rest of the day more as there weren't half as many people as normal!

I know for a fact that there is a "no refund" policy.

Elaine

jeffc
13-08-2004, 17:04
just on the news here in florida...

disney closing 1.00 today....
animal kingdom closed
blizz beach closed...

will keep you informed

ujpest doza
08-12-2004, 19:21
My wife got a rain out pass for Typhoon Lagoon in 2000.

I had gone to Epcot with my dad and she had gone to Typhoon Lagoon with my mam, sister, neices etc when there was a a really bad thunderstorm that made them close the park.

She stood in line for a rain check pass that we used last year.