PDA

View Full Version : Our trip 3- 24 august day 7 (I think!)

KevinTHFC
12-08-2004, 04:22
It only took us an hour to get to, park up and enter Busch Gardens from the villa at Four Corners on the I27. We arrived at opening time and were delighted to find only small queues if any at all for most rides.[msnsmile2].

We all really enjoyed Busch Gardens and would reccommend it to anyone. I thought that the crowds were light as we got in early but even at lunchtime the queue for Gwazi, a fantastic old fashioned wooden roller coaster, were so small that Lauren and I went for the front seats:D, there were only 8 people in front of us, in fact we could have got straight on if we didn't want to sit at the front.

I have read a lot of comments on this site about Busch Gardens, it seems to split the camp in half you either love it or hate - we loved it[msnsmile2].

The Katonga show was fantatsic and would not look out of place in the West End, it does in fact borrow quite heavily from the Lion King but this is not a bad thing as both shows are fantastic. We got absolutely drenched on the Roaring Rapids but the weather was so good today we didn't really mind.

We will be going back to Busch Gardens some time later in the holiday and I would urge all of you who haven't been to give it a try.

Kevin

caroline
12-08-2004, 11:36
Thanks for that Kevin, I think we may "force" ourselves to drive over there in October:)

andrewmckay5
12-08-2004, 12:13
Hi Kevin,
did you need photo ID to get in? I'm sure someone has said on the forum that you do.
thankd
andrew

Nostromo
12-08-2004, 13:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinTHFC

I have read a lot of comments on this site about Busch Gardens, it seems to split the camp in half you either love it or hate - we loved it[msnsmile2].
We will be going back to Busch Gardens some time later in the holiday and I would urge all of you who haven't been to give it a try.

Kevin
[/quote]

I was one of those who made negative comments on Busch Gardens. I certainly do not 'hate' it, though I am not too keen on the combination of thrill rides and animals in the same park. My biggest complaint with BG is its maintenance - certainly a very poor relation to the Orlando Parks - and the indifferent attitude of the staff.

Rich-n-Ang
12-08-2004, 17:59
I'm fairly sure it IS day 7 Kevin, is it the hectic days that puts the doubt in your mind or do I assume you've been out to buy more beer !!.

Agree with you on Busch Gardens - Great place !!

Troy Tempest
12-08-2004, 19:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Hi Kevin,
did you need photo ID to get in? I'm sure someone has said on the forum that you do.
thankd
andrew[/quote]

Andrew

No you don't need a photo ID, we got in last thursday no probs, just had to sign in with our flex tickets as with all the universal parks.

Neil

sully62
13-08-2004, 01:52
did you stand on the bridge at roaring rapids:D now that is getting soaked !!!

KevinTHFC
13-08-2004, 03:43
Andrew,

For the fun card and passports they take your finger prints on a scanner. However if the scanner fails to recognise you then they will resort to a photo ID although we have not yet had to display any ID I take some just in case.

Kevin

KevinTHFC
13-08-2004, 03:44
Rich N Anj

Its definitely the hetcic days[msnwink]

Kevin

Madabouttigger
15-08-2004, 19:27
I agree with you Kevin, well worth a visit, we loved it.:):D:)