PDA

View Full Version : World Rhythm on Ice

blott
13-09-2002, 02:54
Spectacular ice skating production with 16 skaters from around the world (and 300 costumes!) and scenarios from around the world too. This 36 minute production is great and worth a cool down in the heat!

Blott

esprit
13-09-2002, 21:31
Its in the Moroccan palace by the way. I really love this ice show. World Rhythm is not as good as the movie based show they had on before but is still good, if you discount the cheesy Carnaby Street 60s way they depict England ( talk about stereotype)

Julie Carty

orlandobabe
18-02-2003, 17:03
Yes-I like to go and see the show too and all too easily it can be overlooked in the rush to the coasters-and it's great for a good cool down as Blott says.

K4LGB
28-05-2003, 19:44
I thought the show was great- my nephew was in awe for the full performance.
Don't think you can complain about the depictation of England without claiming anti-stereotype discrimination against all the countries that were included in the show! :D
I'm sure not everyone in China can juggle tables with their feet whilst standing on their head and not everyone in Germany spend all their time waltzing around grand staircases - bear in mind it could have been worse they could have depicted England with a Pearly King & Queen type routine a la Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins! [}:)]