PDA

View Full Version : disney vacation club

traceya89
12-08-2004, 03:38
can anyone tell me how this works and the cost. i dont like to ask the reps in disney as one would never get away.

CarolAnn
27-08-2004, 13:52
Tracey,
We are DVC members, have been for 4 years now:):D[8D] We found it to be a sound holiday investment plan and if you would like to know more please feel free to DM me[msnsmile]. I will try to give you low down.
[msntongue]

Snapper
30-08-2004, 03:40
Hi Tracey,

I looked into the DVC a few years ago (when my plans for a villa were still quite embryonic). I found the reps to be hugely pleasant and not pushy at all. Quite the opposite of what I expected.

One thing I did learn later is that it is almost certainly possible to buy your set of points from an existing member looking to sell rather than buy a new deed straight from Disney. This is also a way to get you homed on one of the older resorts that have long since sold out - if that would be what you wanted. There were (and I assume still are although I haven't checked) websites that facilitate the buying and selling of points packages.

CarolAnn - I spot you have a villa and are a DVC member. Could I be really nosey and ask how you use the two? Is the villa purely for investment? I ask because I found the DVC very interesting. What put me off was the lack of investment potential due to the time limited bond - but I'm very interested to hear if it works well alongside a villa.

Steve.

CarolAnn
04-09-2004, 14:55
Hi Steve.

DM me your email with questions re DVC and I will do my best to answer:) With regard to using both..ummm as new villa owners I can only say how it worked this year, we haven't stayed in it yet!!! Next yera the plan is 10 days DVC and 4 in villa in April, and hopefully 14 days in the villa in October :):D