PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks at Eagle pointe (part 2)

stabard
12-08-2004, 01:41
Wed 28th july

Today we were theme parking again as the surf at the beach was a no show - much to the boys disappointment. So it was off to the Terror Tpower and the Rockinf Roller Coaster. I setteld for he more gentile Muppets 3D and Star Wars.
In the afternoon we headed for the Disney Market Place 'to keep mum happy'. And it worked as I finally managed to et the Mickey plushes I had been trawling the internet for before the trip.
My shoppng bug sated we went to Epcot where the boys went on Mission Space. And yes - I did duck out at the last minuteand wait outside as I did not wish a repeat performance of the sickness at Universal.
The day was rounded off by a 1 hyour detour in a traffic jam along I4 after we missed the turning for the 192 and then sat in the roadworks for ages befoere we could get off at junction 58.
tomorrow hubby says he will put up the Mickey Mouse borders I bought at B and Q. And as soon as I find my tape measure I am off to buy curtains.

Thur 29th july

Well the borders did not get put uo but we did shop like crazy. I managed to get fresh bedding for all the bedrooms and found a great deal on a TV for the Family room. Only trouble was we could not fit it in the car with the family so Lee will have to go back and colect it later. No sign of the elusove Mickey comforters tho. With the plastic well and truly melting I gave into the kids and went to the skateboard park at Festival Bay followed by King Arthur at the cinema. After that we headed home with all my goodies and crashed with exhuastion!

Friday 30th July.

Having satisfed the shoppiing bug for a few hours we headed for the beach so the boys could play with the body boards we bought yesterday. This was not without it's drama as we missed the turning for cocoa nd ended up driving the extra 20 mile to Melbourne (honestly it did not look that far on the map) Anyway it is good to try a few diferent places I say and the boys hd a reat time in the waves. Thanks to all over body suits and sunblock we managed to avoide a repeat of 2003 when we were all toasted at Cocoa.

Saturday 31st July

Another slow start to te day. The kids are turning nto water babies, especially the youngest who likes to swim before breakfast. The weather was a bit overcast so we decided to try the self drive airboats on the 192. Both boys soon got the hang of steering hte boat and we saw a few turtles and even a small gator!

We then headed to the Osceola softball Park on John Young Parkway to hit some balls. This is one of the families favorite activities and the boys had been bugging me all week to go there. I got the oppotunity t head into Lowes to check out the wireless dooorbells. After another stop at Best buys to get a charger for the camcorder- something else I forgot to pack - we headed off to the Golden Corral for some dinner befor heading back to the villa.

And so ended the first week!

popintune
12-08-2004, 17:46
cool! hope your having a great time![msnwink]

lozza