PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil

11-08-2004, 07:39
Have just got back from seeing La Nouba Cirque du Soleil at DTD and it was fantastic!!

We have been going to Florida for years and had not thought of going but it was so so good, it was and hour and a half of pure magical entertainment of high quality with a touch of humour.

Even though it cost almost $300 for four of us (birthday surprise for my husband) it was worth every cent.

I would go again, truly amazing!!

Lucy

KevinT
11-08-2004, 14:02
Hi Lucy,
Totally agree!! One of the best shows I've seen. We were extremely fortunate to get free tickets about eighteen months ago. The show is stunning - and weird! You can't really explain it to someone who hasn't been. Although we were given those tickets I would gladly pay to see it again. Do they still have the little Chinese girls with the diablos? Absolutely amazing - they got a standing ovation at the end of the show.

We're back out in October - It's on my "to do" list!!!

Kevin

Bigblue33
11-08-2004, 15:12
Tha show was on my "to do" list as well....but the list was soooo darn big we never got to go.[msncry]
Still got the list...so next time I will make sure of going.

Don.

11-08-2004, 19:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
Hi Lucy,
Totally agree!! One of the best shows I've seen. We were extremely fortunate to get free tickets about eighteen months ago. The show is stunning - and weird! You can't really explain it to someone who hasn't been. Although we were given those tickets I would gladly pay to see it again. Do they still have the little Chinese girls with the diablos? Absolutely amazing - they got a standing ovation at the end of the show.

We're back out in October - It's on my "to do" list!!!

Kevin
[/quote]

Yes the little Chinese girls were amazing!!! There is a show touring the UK in the New Year its a must see now for us!!

linsan
11-08-2004, 20:57
My son and myself saw the Cirque Soleil back in 2001 in DTD and the experience has stayed with us ever since, even though the guy next to me was beginning to grate with expressions of 'AWESOME' every couple of minutes. Though I can't really blame him it was brilliant! My favourite was the guy in the wheel.
I've since taken my daughter to it when they toured Manchester a couple of years ago and though it was still great, especially for my daughter who never seen anything like it before, I thought the DTD one much better. There is a short show (approx. 20 mins) at Seaworld which is on similar lines and would give you a taster.

brazie
11-08-2004, 23:57
I went to see the show last year and it was brillant.:D

My favourite part of the show was the guys bouncing on the trampoline then walking up the building.

I bought the CD and play it in the car when I want to reminisce.

Wazz
12-08-2004, 16:48
i'm going to try to see this when i go IN FOUR WEEKS!!!!!!! [msnoo] lol

can anyone tell me the difference with the seating prices,is it really worth paying extra for better seats and should i get them before i go?

sian
20-08-2004, 06:52
Saw it last Saturday for the first time - it was brilliant. We really loved it. We had mid-price tickets but the theatre is really small so I'm sure you can see well from all of the seating.

Tracey K
20-08-2004, 13:01
The really great thing about this show is that everyone will love something different and there is so much going on that you have lots and lots to talk about when you come out.

My favourite bits were the people running UP the walls and the man with the curtains......

gednandrea
25-08-2004, 01:45
It truly is a memorable show. We all love it and have been several times. Does anyone else find that its difficult to explain to anyone who hasnt been tho'? I always say that its not a traditional circus - its so much better - but you can see people glazing over...maybe its me????? There is so much going on!! I love the strong man and particularly the trampoline act at the end....what a spectacle. We took friends at Xmas and i couldnt speak for an hour afterwards as i was so choked up!!(Its been a busy old year!!) These friends did agree that it was amazing/fantastic/awesome/incredible/stupendous/brilliant! At last!!!!!!

Andrea and Ged, Dan and Luke