PDA

View Full Version : Our trip....maybe not always in the right order...

chrizzy100
10-08-2004, 19:55
My mother in law and her sister spent the first week of their holiday on the Cape with all the family.....they had tickets to fly back from Orlando not Boston...they wanted to see the new house and they had done the Cape before...so on the 25th of July the limo driver picked us up me.. hubby.. mum.. aunty...leaving the kids behind.....for what we thought was going to be a long hard drive into the City.......a lot of the roads were closing for John Kerry and his mobs get together in Boston.....so we thought the airport would be full of people trying to get out of town for the week......but by the look of the roads......everyone was driving to the Cape for the week....so the traffic was light going into the City........and what with curb side checking....we were 4 hours early for the fight.....so we had fish and chips.....and waited.....the fight was early....a great fight like always on Jet blue...by the time we got to baggage our bags were going round......getting the car was a breeze.....we had mixed reports from other forums about the local company....but they were very cheap...and we've been trying diffent companies on each visit...the car was in great shape unlike the last one from Dollar.......and I will be using them most of the time now......the drive to the villa was quick on the toll road.....after my hubby drove passed it first try.....the roads in the USA are so dark.......
I always worry about the house on the drive to it....will anything be wrong after opening the door......it had been empty 4 months......but it looked like a cleaner had just cleaned..no dirt or dust anywhere........with all the lightning I checked the A/C.....and fridge the only things we leave on in the house..apart from timed lighting....both fine.....we're having a surge unit fitted to the outside meter and it seems a much needed item... the Village on Tuscan Ridge had six houses lose something after nearby lighting...

We made the beds....looked for spiders.....had a cup of tea.....and got into bed around one in the morning......

The next day was a lazy day.......we'd had deliveries....thank goodness for good local neighbours with our garage keys....so nothing got wet before we arrived....it got there days before.....so we fitted up a light....and the suitcase chest of drawers for the palm tree room turned out to be well worth the money.......then we went on our spider hunt....we had one small male black widow on the front door.....so he went......around the back we found one huge female in an open outside plug.....aunty did a picture before we killed her...( I'd best add we killed the spider not aunty..but it was a near thing ....that woman could fuss for England.)....and one more female had a nest in our backdoor...good job we never opened that door without looking first.......she went too......along with the 7 wasp nests by the windows.....we found out our bug lady forgot to visit.....lucky they only send the bill after a visit.....or I could be paying for nothing......
We went shopping.....Walmart....got a palm tree for the palm tree room.....$49.....a great buy.....we had the last one ...and everywhere else they were $150..getting it into the car was fun....but one way or another it was coming home with me....even if we had to leave the old ladies to walk home.....hehehehehe.....we had a drive around...showing everyone the local area.......then had dinner in Perkins.....end of the first full day....:D

rosie
10-08-2004, 20:32
Welcome back chrizzy :)

Looking forward to your next report.

chrizzy100
10-08-2004, 21:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
Welcome back chrizzy :)

Looking forward to your next report.
[/quote]
Hi Rosie.....
I had to wait to get hubby on the line because I forgot what we did next.......

We went to Sea World the next day.....it was very hot so I was worried about hubby who is very fair.....and the oldies because of their age.......but everyone did very well.....we spent a lot of time with the sharks.......and then did shopping.....both ladies love buying gifts for friends and family back home......I'm not a great fan of the shows.....so we left the ladies sitting down to watch a few and me and hubby carried on walking......it took me a time to remember where the polar bear was.....so we did the chopper ride which my hubby hates...it makes him feel sick......we spent ages in there.....only to come out to pick up the ladies from a show to find it raining very hard......so we were stuck in the shop for ages.....when it slowed down we went off to find them......they were wet through......so we did an early return home.....to come back later......which we never did.....hubby fell asleep.....hes getting to old for all this......hehehehe.....so we had a nice quiet evening in......
The next day we had to wait for a work man to fit the indoor weather control centre....or the thing that turns the heating and cooling on and off.......it can get very humid in FL homes and we were worried about mold.....and setting the temp for the A/C to come on when really its not needed is costly......so now it come on more if it get humid and less because of the heat......each time we go we'll set the cooling higher.....but the house really needs to dry out from building... I'm sure it has......but better to be safe......so we fitted new light switches......a timer in the bathroom for the fan......did the garden......and then the guy phoned to say the weather was to bad to play with the power.......so we went to Downtown Disney.......and had dinner in the Rain forest cafe......and loved it......I give it 10 out of 10........we had no wait....we got there just at the right time......it was the first time I'd ever finished a meal and cleared the plate in the USA......

Had one more early night we got home at 10....having the house is making us lazy........

rosie
10-08-2004, 21:50
Sounds like you had a good day at Seaworld. I agree with your hubby, I hate the chopper ride also.

We love Rainforest Cafe, we have eaten there just about every trip, thought there is usually a long wait for a table when we've been. The one at Animal Kingdom we found quieter if you time it right and go before the park kicks out :D