PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks at Eagle pointe (part 1)

stabard
10-08-2004, 14:13
Sat 24th July

The trip got off to a flying start with us managing to leave the house in time at 6.30am for our journey from the wilds of Wiltshire to Gatwick. We even managed a time of 1 1/2 hours which Lee thought was pretty amazing.

When we saw the length of the line for TCD we began to reminise about the joys of Twightlight check in with Virgin but the line moved quickly and we were soon free to go and check out duty free. on Boarding the plan the younger emembers of the family were pleased to discover TV sets in the headrests. TCD began to go up in the holiday list!

Despite a few bits of turbulance the flight was uneventful but when we reached Sanford we were told we would have to wait on the plane as the immigration hall was full. After a half hour wait we were allowed to disembark and then cleared tha airport in 2 hours. Phew!

After a quick stop at Walmart for some milk and Bagels we were finally at the villa - OUR VILLA!!! The youngsters were dutifully impressed and then went and passed out in their beds whilst hubby and I enjoyed the wine left by the MC and then crashed into bed for the first time in our 'home from home'

Sun 25th July

My first night in my own piece of the Sunshine State did not go well as I was ill all night and hardly got any sleep. Still wasn't feeling too good when the rest of the family surfaced but we decided to go Universal and start our holiday.

We paid the extra $35 per ticket and bought the Express Pass as we did not want to spend most of the day in line. They were Fab and we waited only 5 minutes on all the rides. The new Revenge of the Mummy was great although I was shaking like a leaf at the end (I am the scardy cat in the family!) We did all the rides with no fuss but had to have a long lunch break after Back to the Future. Lee said I had gone grey - I said they were highlights and cost a fortune - but then had to agree with him as I rushed to the restroom! Motion sickeness had struck! Spent the rest of the day waiting whilst the chaps all did repeat of the favorite rides.

We finished the day with a quiet evening in and an early night. I was certainly hoping to feel better for our trip to the water park tomorrow.

Mon 26th July

Today was Typhoon Lagoon. We got off to a late start as there were a cuople of small jobs to do at the villa but we finally made it to TL by 10.30 After stacking claim to a couple of sunbeds we were off to face the Tidal Wave! I have to say that we did not do most of the slides. only the Family Raft. The rest of the day was spend chilled in the Lazy Rver and the Lagoon chasing the wave. It was all very relaxing. We made it back to the villa just before a thunderstorm hit so the kids played on the Playstation until the storm had passee and we headed out the The Roadhouse for dinner. The boys had been looking forward to leaving the peanut shells all over the floor and mum not having a fit! Food was good too.

Tue 27th July

Had another slow start to the day as we were having coffee with the MC first thing. I had brought lots of chocolate, T-bags and magazines as a prezzie as they do a great job for me. This came in handy as we left the house as I (yes I admit it was me!) dropped the deadlock on the front door and locked us out of the house! Had to call the wonderful Lesley who arranged a locksmith to get us back in. To quote the dear lady '6 months of guests and no problems - owner turns up and it all goes wrong'

So while this was all being sorted I left the boys at The Funspot on I-Drive with dad while I went to do what girls do - SHOP! a great day was had by all rounded off by vino by the pool. Tomorrow the Beach.

Nostromo
10-08-2004, 14:27
Looks like you have had a good start to your holiday! I have heard that 'Fun Spot' is often overlooked and underrated. Never been there myself and so it would be nice to know a bit more.

BTW, what part of 'Wiltshire Wilds' do you come from? I am from Wootton Bassett.

stabard
10-08-2004, 15:15
We are just up the road in Pewsey.

My kids love the Funspot. They have 4 Go Kart tracks and rides for smaller kids. You can pay for a wrist band that gives unlimited access all day. They also have an inside arcade with all the latest consol games which are available at $5.95 for the day. And of course it is just up the road from Festival Bay and the Belz outlet shops so I could shop while the boys play.

zerotone
13-08-2004, 03:16
Jan you sound just like me: 1.We have also purchased a villa recently on Eagle Pointe. 2. I too get motion sickness - hubby convinced me to go on Mission Space and I nearly passed out, had to be helped out, after refusing first aid. Took me a good few hours to recover
[msnscared]. 3. I love to shop (don't all us girls!). and last but not least my name is yours with an added 'e'.

Wonder if we've anything else in common?

We are back at villa 24th Aug , can't wait[msnsmile2].

Jane

rosie
13-08-2004, 10:41
Jan, it must have been wonderful walking into your own villa for the first time :D

Sorry to hear you were unwell for a while tho, hope it didn't last too long.

stabard
13-08-2004, 11:27
It was absolutely wonderful Rosie. My spine was tingling as we drove fro mthe airport. Luckiliy the sickness did not last long.

Jane - I was just beginning to think I might go on Mission Space next time but I think you have just changed my mind again[msnscared]