PDA

View Full Version : Universal Express Plus Pass

BlueDaze
10-08-2004, 02:21
visiting Universal Studios and IoA on the week commencing 23/08.
If need be I will buy the 'Express Plus Pass'.
Has anyone been using this facility in the last couple of weeks.?
Do you think there will be a need for them at the end of August or will the parks be much lighter.?

jtijani
23-11-2004, 16:22
This pass is very good when the parks are busy. We went during Xmas and New Year, and it was packed. if you are lucky you get to go on 3 rides for the whole day. Each queues were 2 or 3 hours long. The next day, I decided to obtain the Universal Express Plus Card. Couldn't get it at Universal because they ran out at 9am. I just couldn't go in without the Express Plus card, as I couldn't just stand the queue, so I went back to the hotel. When I got to the hotel, I realised that they actually sell it at the hotel for $100 each. Yes it was expensive for four of us, but worth it. We loved it. We also bought another one the following day to be used at Universal Studio.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-11-2004, 16:52
See this thread: http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_15812.asp

These passes are about $15 for a single park and less than $30 for both parks. You have been ripped off by a ticket tout I'm afraid as these tickets are only available at the park gates.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jtijani
This pass is very good when the parks are busy. We went during Xmas and New Year, and it was packed. if you are lucky you get to go on 3 rides for the whole day. Each queues were 2 or 3 hours long. The next day, I decided to obtain the Universal Express Plus Card. Couldn't get it at Universal because they ran out at 9am. I just couldn't go in without the Express Plus card, as I couldn't just stand the queue, so I went back to the hotel. When I got to the hotel, I realised that they actually sell it at the hotel for $100 each. Yes it was expensive for four of us, but worth it. We loved it. We also bought another one the following day to be used at Universal Studio.
[/quote]

jtijani
25-11-2004, 23:16
Yes I kno we were ripped off. I heard some hotels go very early in the morning, and buy a bunch of them to sell at $100 each. We were well and truly seen off.

I still think it is a good thing to buy if you can get it at $30, as you do not have to queue at all.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-11-2004, 23:30
I'd agree - the ones on the gate are good value and save you hours in the parks. We've done everything we wanted to go on in both Universal and IOA in a day with plenty of time to spare using them [msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jtijani

I still think it is a good thing to buy if you can get it at $30, as you do not have to queue at all.

[/quote]

Tonish
23-06-2005, 02:15
I'm going first two weeks August myself, and I like the sound of these. Does anyone know what time they usually sell out by at that time of year?

Semper
24-06-2005, 20:08
Are these passes in additon to your flexi-ticket?

tia 33
24-06-2005, 22:48
Yes they are in addition, but obviously it is optional. When we went to Universal on 9th June, we bought Express Plus passes because with two young and impatient sons, it was fantastic not to have to queue! We managed to get the passes around 10am in the morning. So from our point of view it was well worth it, but you have to weigh up your own personal circumstances plus whether the park is busy. Hope this helps. [msnsmile]

Semper
26-06-2005, 19:59
Sounds like a good deal. When we went in 2002 our flexitickets would not register for fastpasses so we went to customer services and they gave us a pass that allowed us to fastpass every ride, in both parks for the duration of the day, as many times as we wanted. :)