PDA

View Full Version : guide books

kenilworth
09-08-2004, 14:25
just looking to buy some books of amazon and wondered if anyone has got these titles or has read them and if so, are they any good?

Florida: The Gulf Coast (Landmark Visitors Guides)
Don Philpott

The Sarasota, Sanibel Island and Naples Book: A Complete Guide (Great Destinations S.)
Chelle Koster Walton

andrewmckay5
09-08-2004, 16:14
Hi,
I've just ordered a couple of Gulf Coast guide books of off Amazon but cannot remember which ones till i get home this evening.Preety sure one was the Landmark one; should be arriving this week so will let you know.

Where are you thinking of going as i may have some useful web sites i can pass on?

regards
andrew

kenilworth
09-08-2004, 16:20
wel lbasically we will be landing at tampa and then I plan to drive the next day down to naples and then spending the fortnight travelling up the coast probably spend 2 or 3 days at a time at any place that takes our fancy. So far it looks like we will be stopping at sarasota, captiva, fort myers beach, st pete & probably clearwater, at least that is the plan but we also realise that we may stop anywhere that we like the look of.
so if you have any links then please let us know

andrewmckay5
11-08-2004, 19:41
Received Trvel Smarts "Florida Gulf Coast" which looks very good.
Loads of places on interest mention .
The land mark guide is on back order.
andrew

andrewmckay5
31-08-2004, 20:14
Just received the Chelle Koster Walton book. Looks excellent.
andrew

andrewmckay5
05-09-2004, 22:03
Amazon emailed me today to say they cannot get hold of the Lanmark guide.
andrew

lisi
16-09-2004, 21:47
I bought the Chelle Koster Walton book Andrew - agree it is very comprehensive but I just wish the pictures had been in colour

Lisi