PDA

View Full Version : Acadia Estates (near Formosa Garden)

ClanHarrison
08-08-2004, 21:41
Hi everyone! I just found this site & this is my first post.

Does anyone know anything about Acadia Estates? I think it is near Formosa Garden (near Splendid China) and may still have a lot of construction going on there. The villa we are renting is only about 6 months old, I am told. It must be rather new, because I can't find Acadia on any maps.

I'd appreciate anything you can tell me about Acadia or Formosa. Thank you all, this site is excellent! [^]

Newhomebuyer
08-08-2004, 21:55
Hi there,
I think I am the one to answer here as I own a property on Acadia Estates. I can probably answer anything you need to know.
You are correct in thinking that there will be some construction going on there but because this is a very small division with one management company controlling what goes on in close liason with the builders, then they are very careful to keep distubance to a minimum.
I have stayed there twice this year and am going back out on tuesday.
I can tell you that the location cannot be beaten for proximity to the parks. You can walk safely from the estate to Formosa Boulevard as there are paths and street light all the way.
They stated selling last summer and the first homes were completed in the fall. They are mosly 6 or 7 beds but they do have a couple of 5 beds. They are all furnished to a very high spec and all the homes have large pools with extended decks and spas.
Can I answer anything specific for you ???
Angela

Newhomebuyer
08-08-2004, 21:58
I forgot to welcome you to the site :D
Everyone here is very friendly and can answer all the questions you can thinkof between them.

08-08-2004, 22:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
Hi there,
I think I am the one to answer here as I own a property on Acadia Estates. I can probably answer anything you need to know.
You are correct in thinking that there will be some construction going on there but because this is a very small division with one management company controlling what goes on in close liason with the builders, then they are very careful to keep distubance to a minimum.
I have stayed there twice this year and am going back out on tuesday.
I can tell you that the location cannot be beaten for proximity to the parks. You can walk safely from the estate to Formosa Boulevard as there are paths and street light all the way.
They stated selling last summer and the first homes were completed in the fall. They are mosly 6 or 7 beds but they do have a couple of 5 beds. They are all furnished to a very high spec and all the homes have large pools with extended decks and spas.
Can I answer anything specific for you ???
Angela

[/quote]

I am out here at the moment can you give me exact location, I know the area well but would like to have a look.

Thanks

Lucy

Newhomebuyer
08-08-2004, 22:41
Hi Lucy
If you travel towards the 27 along the 192, just after you past marker 5 there is a set of traffic lights with the Splendid China Dragon on your left, turn there, and travel along this road until you have past what was Splendid china and you will come to a cross roads, go straight across and then take the second on the right just 50 yards along.
It is a gated community so you may not be able to go in, unless the construction guys are around and have left the gate open.
There's not much to see as all the homes were sold ages ago.
When we were there earlier this year I had several people knock on our door and ask if they could look round. I think they thought we were a show home as we are at the end of the cul- de- sac.

ClanHarrison
08-08-2004, 22:46
Thank you Newhomebuyer. I may be "calling on you" a lot between now and August 2005.

lal (and Newhomebuyer): This is the home we are renting. I don't know if the property code is the address or how the home can be identified. Anything you can tell me would be so appreciated. [website link edited]
How would we get to Universal Studios from this area and are there any shortcuts?

How would we get to Sea World?

How would we get to Medival Times?

How far away is Orlando Airport (MCO)?

How close is the nearest Walmart and when is the best time to go to Walmart? We would want to go Sat. evening. I understand Walmart can be a zoo at the wrong time :) .

How close is nearest (good quality) supermarket?

Please forgive me if I am asking too many questions, but this is so exciting!

We are about to "hit the send button" to book this home and I guess I just want some more assurrance.

Thanks,

Kim

P.S. We are going Aug. 27, 2005 - Sept. 2, 2005

Newhomebuyer
08-08-2004, 23:00
I use the I4 for Seaworld and Universal Studios. It doesn't take long its about 10 miles.
MCO is a 30 minute drive along the 417 (toll charges are $2.75 at the moment)
Publix is closer than Walmart but you're never very far from a Walmart in this area.
The supermarket on Formosa is Winn Dixie which is very handy but not so comprehensive as the Publix or Walmart.
I do know the home you have booked. It is a lovely villa which is managed to the highest standards.
There are some great restaurants near by. The whole estate is run like a resort and if you need anything at all just call at the offices on Formosa and they will help you with whatever you need.
I will be just up the road, in my own home at that time of year so you alredy know the neighbours :)

ClanHarrison
08-08-2004, 23:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
I use the I4 for Seaworld and Universal Studios. It doesn't take long its about 10 miles.
MCO is a 30 minute drive along the 417 (toll charges are $2.75 at the moment)
Publix is closer than Walmart but you're never very far from a Walmart in this area.
The supermarket on Formosa is Winn Dixie which is very handy but not so comprehensive as the Publix or Walmart.
I do know the home you have booked. It is a lovely villa which is managed to the highest standards.
There are some great restaurants near by. The whole estate is run like a resort and if you need anything at all just call at the offices on Formosa and they will help you with whatever you need.
I will be just up the road, in my own home at that time of year so you alredy know the neighbours :)
[/quote]

Newhomebuyer you are wonderful!!! You have helped to ease my mind about our choice.

So, are you saying some of the homes are privately owned then managed by [name edited] (that's the site I found the homes on) and some are owned by [name edited] or other management company's?

Do you rent your home out and is it managed by [name edited]?

If so, which one is your home (if that's not being too personal, because I understand :))? Or you can give me a comparable home to yours or a description i.e. # of bedrooms/bathrooms, amenities etc. (that may be better :)).

Does Acadia/Formosa have a Club House or something similar to a resort like (I think) Windsor Palms?

Do you know if the villa's backs/pool areas face another villa's pool area or is there sufficient privacy usually at these Estates?

I think we will have a computer and internet access at this home, so if I need any help or suggestions I hope you won't mind me e-mailing you via this site.

Thank you so much for your help!

Kim

Newhomebuyer
09-08-2004, 13:46
Hi Kim,
I have sent you a DM
Angela