PDA

View Full Version : Indian Ridge

shepaul
08-08-2004, 01:23
Hi,
We are going to be renting a villa on Indian Ridge in Oct.:D:D
Has anyone got any experience or tips about this particular community.
Ta very much
Paul & Sheila

KevinT
08-08-2004, 04:21
Hi Paul and Sheila,
Indian Ridge and Indian Ridge Oaks (slightly newer development) are about 3 to 4 miles south on Old Lake Wilson Road from US 192.
They are very handy for Disney as(with a couple of exeptions)they are about the closest short term rental areas to Disney's World Drive entrance.
My wife's cousin stayed in a pool home at Indian Ridge Oaks last April and we visited them. It was a very nice, quite a new villa and they were very pleased with it. The big bonus of course was its closeness to Disney!
We are also out in October, which is a lovely time of the year temperature wise (usually!)
Temps about early to mid 80's - marvellous.

Hope you have a brilliant time
KevinT.

PeteF
08-08-2004, 14:30
Hi Paul & Sheila

We've stayed on Indian Ridge 5 or 6 times - first time in 1993, last time in 2001. I think I'm right in saying it was one of the first STR communities built. There is a mix of residents and holiday homes. One big advantage is that as an older development the homes are all on large plots compared to most of the newer properties. As Paul says the other big plus is the closeness to Disney and the 192. If you turn the other way out of Indian Ridge you will be heading down towards Reunion and Champions Gate where you can pick up the I-4 now saving you time if you are going to Tampa, Busch Gardens etc.We always enjoyed our times at Indian Ridge and I'm sure you will to.

Ann
08-08-2004, 15:33
HI
i own a home on indian ridge oaks just accross the road from the ridge and agree with the above comments very handy for most things and the plots on indian ridge are normally bigger than the newer developments including indian ridge oaks
i am sure you will have a great time

shepaul
09-08-2004, 23:17
Thanks for the info, are there any shops (food etc) near?

Paul & Sheila

PeteF
10-08-2004, 03:35
Paul & Sheila

You are about a 5 minute drive from the nearest shops/restaurants. Left out of Indian Ridge will bring you to the 192 with a Ponderosa, Sizzler & IHOP amongst others plus a small supermarket, a bit like a Spar. If you go out the estate the back way via Sandhill Road then the Formosa Plaza is also about 5 mins. There you will find several more restaurants & a Winn Dixie supermarket although this is a bit pricey. There is a Publix a few miles further west along the 192 at Orange Lake which is better value.