PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest

Nostromo
07-08-2004, 15:34
After my rather forgettable experience on our recent visit, I felt that I ought to warn others (especially those with a tendency to Motion Sickness) to avoid planning any fancy eating out on the day they plan to go to Disney Quest. My tip would be to have something to eat at least 2 hours before one goes into DQ and allow at least 2 more hours afterwards before tackling a meal, preferably something simple and light. There are several rides in DQ that cause considerable and prolonged motion sickness that can last for hours. Worst are Aladin's Magic Carpet ([xx(]) and Cyberspace Mountain ([xx(][xx(]).

daxon
07-08-2004, 15:53
The younger ends of the family went to DQ couple of years ago; I opted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge by the pool with the older end ;) When they came back, the kids found it ok but the two Mums insisted that they left after a couple of hours because the kids were getting hyper & the adults were feeling sick![xx(] Said they would never return!!!!!!

linda.s
07-08-2004, 16:23
Thanks for the warning! Missed DQ on our last visit, and wanted to go this year, but think I will avoid it now......... I suffer from dreadful motion sickness, and although I go on all of the roller coasters (get off feeling very [xx(]for an hour or so though!) as I love the buzz & thrill, I can't be doing with the "Virtual" stuff. I can't even play Doom on the PC for long without feeling ill! Not fair though, hubby doesn't get motion sickness, but he won't go on the rides as he hates heights! NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR!!!![msnmad]

Nostromo
07-08-2004, 16:46
Many people agree that some of the modern simulated rides cause far more motion sickness than the loopiest of conventional rollercoasters. I have been on the likes of Kraken, Hulk & Duelling Dragons several times without any queasy feeling whatever. But rides like Mission:SPACE and Cyberspace Mountain which combine vigorous physical motion with on-screen special effects tend to upset most bellies for a few hours afterwards. In my opinion, the worst of all are the VR type rides where one has to wear that awful mask. Ugh![xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(].

linda.s
07-08-2004, 17:00
Very true - I went on Back to the future, and got off feeling dreadful! I still feel ill on the conventional rides, but just not as bad, and I just HAVE to go on them! :D This year I will be taking travel sickness tablets, and also trying one of the acupuncture pressure point bracelets. Does anyone know if these work?

Nostromo
07-08-2004, 20:23
Travel sickness pills like Avomine or Stugeron certainly work, but you have to be careful if you are driving. Also, avoid alcohol 6 hours either side of a tablet. My sis-in-law tried the acupuncture bracelet, but was not convinced that it made a difference.

linda.s
07-08-2004, 21:07
Thank you! I'll probably give the bracelet a miss then....... Will try the tablets you recommend, as I usually take non-drowsy, and whilst they do work, they are not fantastic. Hubby usually drives, but I'll probably drive on the days we are not heading for roller coasters then! I don't usually consume much alcohol in Florida either (I do at home!!!) but I find that non-alcoholic drinks are more refreshing in the heat.

Thanks for the advice! :)

feathersonline
10-08-2004, 20:20
Helen always uses the acupuncture bracelets, and they work fine for her - she suffers from motion sickness on most things!![xx(], but can manage the rides with her trusty bracelet:D...

linda.s
10-08-2004, 20:47
Oh - Maybe I will try it then!!! That and tablets, and I should hopefully be sickness free! (Probably be high too!! lol) :D