PDA

View Full Version : Amity Boardwalk

imported_n/a
13-09-2002, 00:09
A play area that will cost you money!!

Try your skill at knocking over skittles, tossing a softball into a farmer’s milk can - has anyone ever managed two balls in a row?

Usual make the bell ring with a whack of the sledgehammer - I don't attempt this noe!

Test Amazing Alonzo who bets you $2 or $3 that he can guess your weight or age. He rarely gets it wrong, but surely it can't be a fix.

Most games cost $2 and like the seaside attractions and I bet Universal make a fortune.

esprit
13-09-2002, 02:04
Lots of kitschy fairground type stalls here. The sort where you throw balls into fishbowls to win a giant cuddly toy which you will not be able top carry around the park with you never mind get on the plane. How come you can spend $50 on something with as much to do as Universal only to be hassled by your kids to spend more bucks on "Only one over to win a rabbit". "Not worth doing, the odds are really low or it is fixed", say we. We then see people all over the park carrying the cuddly toys under their arms. "How come they won then?" says son. He also insists on buying horrible sticky things to eat here. Husband steers us clear of it if he can.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
13-09-2002, 15:00
We always think the same - how did they win? If anyone out there knows the secret - please let us in on it.

At Dinoland in AK, there is a "pop up hippo hitting" game which if there are 12 people playing ($2 a go) then the prize is great (more people the bigger the prize) and then somebody always wins - can't remember if anything similar at Universal?

caroline
13-09-2002, 15:04
I really loathe this area - the kids always want to have a go on it - spend loads of money and never have anything to show for it - I'd much rather buy them a huge cuddly toy - it would probably work out at a fraction of the cost of trying to win one - Perhaps it's just me but this area always feels a bit "tacky"

Caroline