PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 3 - 24 August Day 3

KevinTHFC
06-08-2004, 05:01
Woke up this morning in the cavernous king sized bed and spied my lovely wife on the far side, decided to make an attempt to cross the huge divide between us, when I finally made it I was exhausted and went back to sleep. Seriously this is a huge bed!

Went to Sea World today , a family favourite, left the villa went south on the 27 then west on the 4 until the 192, west on the 192 until south international drive then north to Sea World. In my opinion a much better drive than going straight up the 4.

This year I bought one silver passport, for the free parking and 4 fun passes for the price of less than 2 days admission. This gives us the freedom of coming and going without the feeling of wasting money if we want to go early.

The Shamu show was as fantastic as ever, I think we witnessed a record soaking - well over the usual soak zone.

We ate in the Seafire Inn and watched the Piano Shenanigans that was very entertaining - basically two guys playing grand pianos and singing requests from the audience.

Today was surprisingly much warmer and no rain whilst we were out. Great! George decided that he wanted to go on the Journey to Atlantis which was a big surprise unfortunately the queue was pretty long and we were all a bit a tired - decided to give it a miss this time and come back either early one morning or later in the evening on another day.

Nipped up to the Walmart near the Florida Mall to buy a device to allow us to play our portable CD player through the cars Cassette player. It cost $9.99 in Walmart compared to $19.99 in the Florida Mall[msnwink].

Got back to villa hwere I was presented with an inflatable whale to blow up, this took sometime and a couple of beers to complete. After the thunderstorm and rain that started just as we got back to the villa we had a great time with the kids in the pool - it was really great to see them all playing together and really enjoying themselves! Couldn't get wifey to join us in the pool - too cold she said, well theres always tomorrow.

Kevin

Rich-n-Ang
06-08-2004, 13:35
What are the Silver Passport and Fun Passes ?

Rich-n-Ang
06-08-2004, 14:15
I should know better, have now used the search facility and have answered my own question, all the answers are on the forum somewhere !!!

Are these tickets available from the link above or are they only available direct from the park ?

KevinTHFC
06-08-2004, 18:02
I couldn't find them on this site so ordered them online and picked them up when we arrived. They take your fingerprints, electronically, and scan you each time you go in to ensure non fraudulent use. they are great value if you wish to dip in and out.

Kevin

Troy Tempest
08-08-2004, 17:28
A bit late for you Kevin, but those cd/ cassette adaptors can be found in the 99c stores if you look hard enough. (for 99c !! before anyone asks!!)

Neil

Rich-n-Ang
10-08-2004, 19:04
Where are the reports for days 4, 5 and 6 ?