PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 3-24 August Day 2

KevinTHFC
05-08-2004, 17:56
The expected lazy day started a little early, George(8) was up at 06:30 and in the pool by 07:00. We were a bit concerned that his shrieks would wakeup the neighbours and tried to keep him quiet - not easy [msnsmile2]

A little surprised to find very little in the villa - 1 toilet roll, 1 bin bag and 1 dish cloth - Is this normal? Went to publix and spent $170 on mainly household stuff like washing up liquid, washing powder, Kitchen roll etc etc oh and some beer.[msnwink]

Grabbed a very late breakfast buffet and watched a very heavy rain shower. The weather is not as warm, high 80's, when we were here 2 years ago and there is a lot more rain around - I think its probably the after effects of Hurricane Alex.[msncry]

Like I said a lazy day today rounded off with a trip to the Florida Mall where Nick(17) and Lauren(15) stocked up on some essential clothing and were delighted with the savings compared to prices back home.

Sea World tomorrow[msnsmile2]

Elaine62
05-08-2004, 18:09
we'll be staying in a villa next June for the first time. I didn't expect to get any essentials at all in the villa and as we'll be travelling light, clotheswise anyway, I intended to pack all that kind of stuff in one of the suitcases. It should save having to do boring shopping like that anyway when we arrive, plus you can then use the brands you like rather than brands you've never heard of.

Elaine

andrewmckay5
05-08-2004, 19:20
We make sure theres more essentials than that in our villa plus tea, coffee and creamer for when you first arrive.
Not enough for 2 weeks but enough for the first few days.
Let the owner know how little ther was as it may be the management company cutting corners.
Keep the reports coming; makes our visit this december seem a little closer.

andrew

caroline
05-08-2004, 19:20
Don't bother taking UK toilet tissue with you though as it's too thick and fluffy for the US plumbing - you could end up with blocked drains and a bill from the plumber!

Nostromo
05-08-2004, 20:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinTHFC
Sea World tomorrow[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Have good time. Do Kraken from the front row even if it means waiting longer! It is worth it.