Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Travel Insurance for the older or health impaired traveller

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold 5 Star Member
    I have just managed to renew my multi trip, worldwide policy with Global Travel Insurance (Tel: 01903 235042) for £142, which is the standard price for an individual adult. Medical screening is required for trips to North America, Central America, The Caribbean and for cruises, whether or not you have a medical condition. There is a hefty excess of £2000 for claims arising from my pre-existing condition, though that is far preferable to being hit by hospital expenses should an emergency arise. I had a heart attack in 2008 and have one stent fitted. Most companies won't even cover me for trips to America, so the fact that I only pay the standard price for the policy is a bonus. Just as long as I don't make a claim related to my condition! The excess varies according to age - Under 60 it is £500 - £1000, for age 61-76 it is £1000 - £2000. These are the prices today, but could, of course change at any time.
    I don't know how much they would charge for single trip, but a company worth considering.
    Last edited by chris c; 13-12-2013 at 15:11.
    Christine