Hi
I have recently qualified as a nurse and am begining the process of investigating whether a possible relocation to florida would be a: a good idea and b:viable.
I have a number of questions/queries regarding the move which i would appreciate any advice / help with.
My background is i have a husband and twin boys aged 4 (they will be schoolage by the time we possibly relocate) i have recently qualified and now aim to get a few months work experience in the UK prior to any move. I have heard i can get offers of work in the ares of my choice as well as a green card through various nursing relocation agencies which is the way i think i will go as they will get me through the US nursing qualifications required and deal with visa(greencard), relocation etc.
My queries though relate to schools for my boys and work for my husband amongst others.
Can anyone reccommend any good school areas, we have been told about the Dr Philips area in the past is this area still good?. What happens in the school holidays are they roughly the same as the UK also are there any clubs,camps etc the kids go to during the holidays if so what sort of costs are involved. My husband currently works part time in the UK to look after them and depending on the answer to the previous question will do so in the states, do employers have the equvilent famly friendly shifts to accomodate working parents or another idea would be for my husband to work from home is this a possible option. Does anyone have any expeience of working from home and what the potential pay would be. We are fortuanate in that we have quite a bit of equity in our UK property and would be looking to purchase a house in the US outright so my husband working would not be essential but helpful for his intergaration into US life. Having previously owned a villa in the US we have an idea of utility prices and home insurance etc and are prepared for these the unknown entity would be health insurance, as yet without gaining further info from any prospective agencies i don't know if that is included in the renumeration package if not what sort of ball park figure would a family of 4 be looking at each month for a good policy with little or no excess. I have seen other threads mentioning premiums of around $700 with a $20 co-pay what does this mean?.
I would appreciate any help/ experince that can be provided, i'm sure as i look deeper into the possibility that more questions will come to mind these seemed to be the most urgent at present.
Thank you
Julie