Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Cost of flights in August

Florida Savvy

Cost of flights in August

We are planning on going to Florida to sign contract on our new villa in June. My husband can only get one week holiday off work during UK school summer holidays. That is the week beg 7th August. He looked to see what the cost of flights are during that time on Virgin and was surprised at the high cost of flights, they were well over £700 per person. We were going to stay at our villa for a week with our 2 teenage kids and possibly 2 of their friens. However, this higher than usual cost makes it not worth while coming for only one week during this time, and we might as well rent it out for a profit during that week and go somewhere in Europe. Has anyone found the cost too high during this summer. Why is this the case, is it because of the high sterling? Has anyone got details of cheaper tickets to make it worth our while. I hope these high costs are not stoping other families travelling to US as we won't rent out our villa.

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villaview.aspx?villa=1601

wrpac00
    I am afraid not. I looked for over a month last year for flights in August (wife is a teacher). We have flown indirect (Gatwick to a US city, change onto an internal flight to Orlando) for the past 2 years as it has worked out considerably cheaper but for some unknown reason it was only about £50 per person cheaper than flying direct with Virgin, so that is what we are doing.

Paul

Florida Chatterbox
    Try Opodo.co.uk

We have indirect flights for August 5th - 23rd 2 adults 2 children and paid just under £1500.00 for the 4 of us.

Jen
    http://www.villasflorida.com/Villas/356.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Id second opodo.com. or try the link on this site as they can offer cheap flights
    Chrisj

wrpac00
    Just looked on Opodo, total for 1 week £1737. This is an indirect flight with an outgoing journey time of 14hr 21m and an inward journey time of 19hr 15m leaving at 7-45am to come home. Personally I would not do that. The best 'timed' one works out at £720 each.

They do not have any direct flights.

Personally I have always found opodo very expensive, try www.airline-network.co.uk or www.airflights.co.uk

There is another thread on here somewhere where someone has a flight with BA with car hire for about £660 each.

Paul