Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Forced flight change very short transit time

Florida Newbie

Forced flight change very short transit time

We are flying United form Belfast to Orlando with a change in Newark. We originally had a 3-hour layover so plenty of time to get the connecting flight. I have just had an email from united saying the Newark to Orland flight has been changed, the original flight is now not showing on any booking sites. The new flight is due to take off 1 h 35m after the schedule arrival of the Belfast flight it is a Friday arrival 1:35pm departure 3:10pm. Has anyone done this sort of transit time at Newark at that time of day, is it doable, the later flight would be a 5h 45m layover. My Daughter has just said as we are flying with United right through and they have changed it, go for it. If you don’t make it, they have to get you on the next flight. The problem I see with that is we have 5 travelling, would they have room on the later flight and we then have a 5h 45m wait anyway.

Super Moderator
    Have not had such a short layover in Newark but have elsewhere. Normally tell stewards we are on a tight schedule and they try and be helpful in getting you off the plane. Your daughter is correct if you have booked it in one go as a through flight then it is up to United to get you to your final destination if you do not make the flight but at this stage whether they would have room for 5 on the next flight would depend on how full the next flight is.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the reply. I have just found out both inbound and outbound flights are from the same terminal at Newark, so no terminal change which may help.

Super Moderator
    Should definitely help if you do not have to change terminal although not sure how far apart the gates are. Hope it works out okay and you all make the connecting flight.

Do you have to clear immigration at Newark ? I know you can be cleared at Dublin but Belfast is UK

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Newbie
    yes I have to clear immigration as Belfast does not have pre clearance. The average time at that point on same day last year was 13mins for most (80%) with most of the others up to 30mins very few went past this.

We did this at Atlanta and managed on time, we told the staff and they pushed us through, it was stressful but we had time to spare.
    Diane.