Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Tire/battery charge + state tax

Florida Junior

Alamo Tire/battery charge + state tax

Travelling Monday and having gone through all the online check-in for my Alamo car I find there is a charge of $0.60 + $0.04 State Tax to pay.

As I intend to use the kiosks does this mean I shall eventually have to go to the desk to pay this paltry $0.64 of which I was totally unaware of?

Clare

Administrator
    I think Carolyn has already replied to you via the email you sent us, but just to clarify. If you use the Alamo online check-in (which is not necessary) then you may be shown a few charges such as this (and second driver charge even if you have booked Silver Inclusive which includes second driver) and possibly other local charges.

These fees are already included in your rental if you booked with us but will still show on the Alamo online check-in. When you get to the kiosk at the depot, you will not be charged for these items are they are already included in your pre-paid voucher, so no need to go to the desk to make a payment etc.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Roger
    I emailed John but seeing this thought I should perhaps have asked you first, we have always booked Dollar but because of the recent problems have booked Alamo for our Dec trip.
    A couple of tings I just want to check please, when I booked I opted for enhanced roadside protection which it must have registered as ov points were awarded but I cant see it on the agreement (unless it is what they call extended protection?). Just want to check in case we do need it where to show we have paid it.
    Also have checked in online and was told by a friend that you go straight to the car but the Alamo confirmation says we have to go to the counter, I thought that was avoided by doing the online checkin and really don't want to have to queue after arrival if we can help it.
    When checking in I expected to be asked for a credit card but didnt (I paid by debit card but that is not what I want to use for security on arrival) do we get everything after we collect the car on departure? We had the system sussed with Dollar Express and it was great but hopefully will be just as smooth.
    Babblin Boo

Administrator
    We will have emailed you a voucher for Enhanced Roadside Assistance so it sounds like it went in to your spam folder. If you email us with your order number we can resend it for you.

With the Alamo online check-in you should be able to go straight to the car park.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Roger I havent got it yet., but the Alamo confirmation went in there,if it hasnt arrived tomorrow will give another email address, strange though as I got 3 other emails including the voucher and points etc. .
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Just got home. I dropped my car back with Alamo yesterday and the final ticket they give you which normally shows zero to pay shows a charge of $0.16 plus $0.01 tax for the battery/tire charge.

I'm not fussed about the 17 cents but I though it was included with the Gold Cover.

Florida Junior
    Will be interested in Roger's comment on the last post as I return my car in two weeks and again not fussed about 64 cents. I am on the Silver cover.

Administrator
    We've had a few comments recently about this small tire and battery charge. It may be a week or so before we have a definitive answer, but it should not be charged to you on our fully inclusive option. I'll post on here once I know more.

Administrator
    I've heard back already. Apparently there was a bug in the Alamo system for a few days, affecting certain rentals booked between certain dates. The result is those bookings will be charged between a few cents and a couple of Dollars for the tire and battery charge in error.

This charge is refundable as our prices are fully inclusive, so please email Carolyn on info@uscarhire.com with your order number then she can arrange with Alamo for you to be refunded. I know it's only a small amount but don't worry about asking for it to be refunded as it should not have been charged.

Florida Junior
    Thank you Roger.

Clare