Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Arrived at airport but pre booked car not available

Florida Junior

Arrived at airport but pre booked car not available

I arrived at panama City beach airport today and they do not have any seven seater SUV even though I booked in october 2014.

I waited an hour but none came in. They said they would not have any tonight at all.

They have told me nothing they can do.

they have given me a lower category car and said to ring them about 1pm tomorrow to see if they have one.

They said even though the car is a lower class they don't refund anything as I paid though a 3rd party ie us car hire.

Is this correct as I am very unhappy as I paid for a 13 day hire for a higher class vehicle. I also have to give up more holiday time to return to the airport.

Thank you.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Sorry to hear that. I've alerted Roger to this but in the meantime could you email in full details to info@uscarhire.com so we can look into it as there are several things that Alamo have said that do not sound right.

Administrator
    I'm sorry to hear about that. Obviously I'm not sure why the car you booked was not available, and clearly you should in that case have been allocated something better (which I assume was also not available). As John says, please email info@uscarhire.com. Regardless of what happens, if you end up with a lower spec car for your trip, once you are back we can certainly arrange a refund of the difference. Please ensure you keep a copy of all your paperwork to send us once you return.

Florida Junior
    Thank you. I have emailed you.

Florida Junior
    Pleased to report that alamo called at 2.30pm to say they had a suv for us

I doubt that they pay too much attention to what is pre booked. At large depots like Orlando or Miami they will always have a wide range of cars available and presumably rely on looking at overall broad numbers and trends rather than specific individual bookings. It's bound to be quite a complex supply chain. Also, if their agents have been successful in talking lots of customers into upgrades all day long, it's not surprising if your upper range car has disappeared.

I did once stand in a queue watching the family in front of me get an upgrade to a suburban, only to be told when I went to check in that they had now run out of the suburbans, and their last one had just gone, even though I had pre-booked one. Annoying.
    Tonish