Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Best time in school holidays

Florida Chatterbox

Best time in school holidays

Hi All. Been a while since I've been on this forum. We've booked several times now in villas from this site. As grandchildren are now on the scene I wonder when is the best time to holiday during the summer hols? July or August? I'm guessing very long queues at the parks although we want to do other thing as well. Thanks

I would go as late in August as possible, maybe even in to the first few days of September if school dates allow. Some years schools don't go back until 5th.6th September. Things start to quieten down a bit after the August bank holiday. It is also a bit cooler than July.

If the Easter hols are a possibility I would go then - still very busy but not so hot.
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    The schools in Florida start up in early August with the other states starting up then or later, pretty much until Labor Day. So, as Gerry said, the later the better as you'll have more American children in school and less likely to be going to Disney World.
    Mike

What about May some schools give 2 weeks off around the end of May and you can still grab a bargain charter flight around this period, it all depends on the school dates.

Late August for me if you have to go in the summer hols.

Regards,

Mark.

Super Moderator
    I have also noticed that sometimes towards the end of August even the scheduled flights can be a little cheaper

Gold 5 Star Member
    A lot of our schools are having 2 weeks in October half term which is actually one of my favourite times to go . Its usually still warm, less raing and light till quite late in the evening still
    Babblin Boo

If you haven't been for a while you may not know about the new fast pass system at WDW, it's free to use and you can reserve times up to 30 days in advance which will help with some of the queues.

Liz

If it has to be during the school summer holidays then I agree that the later in August you could go the better.
    Linda

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    Another vote for late August from me too! Having said that anytime in Florida is perfect!
    Shirley

Late August I would go for too, most American schools back and things therefore a little quieter.
    Val