Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Whats a concession recoup fee.

Florida Chatterbox

Whats a concession recoup fee.

Just got back from 3 wonderful weeks in Florida and on checking my Alamo receipt I notice they have charged me a concession recoup fee of $5.43 , what is this? can't say I have been charged this before. When I took the car out I took up the fuel service option and the total including tax was $54.74 yet on return I have been charged $64.51. I take it this will not include any of the toll charges around Miami airport as there was no way to pay I assume they will be added on at some time.

Administrator
    This fee is % of any local charges made imposed by the airport. It's a way for the airport to charge the customers for additional services used. Obviously this is built in to the all-inclusive rate for the car rental, but when you choose the Silver option you have to pay for the tank of fuel (or return the car full), so in your case the charge is a % of the tank of fuel.

Florida Chatterbox

Thanks Roger. Does that mean the price they charge for fuel on collection is only an estimate and the actual charge on return is based on fuel prices on the day. When I collected the 54 they quoted included the concession recoup fee and when I returned the receipt shows fuel at 54 plus recoup plus tax making 64 in total
    Last edited by vickk; 25-05-2015 at 15:20.

Administrator
    Yes, the price is as estimate and charged on return of the car. To avoid this, when you collect the car you can choose to return full and therefore not pay the fuel or associated fees (or book the Gold option then you can return empty at no additional cost).

Florida Chatterbox

thanks for that Roger, I usually go for the gold option but this time there was only me driving and I can't be bothered hunting round for petrol on the way back to the airport. Would rather spend a few dollars more and take it back empty. When you consider the cost of a 3 week trip to Florida the few dollars to alamo is neither here or there and is less than a tip at a restaurant.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Would rather spend a few dollars more and take it back empty.
    I agree completely! Plus, if you get stuck having to use one of those extremely high priced stations, you're likely paying more anyway.
    Mike