Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiring a Car After paper part of Driving Licence Abolished

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    As above, this is not a problem when renting in the USA, as the car rental companies we use have confirmed the new photo-only type license is fine.
    Hi Roger, we are booking with you soon for next year. Does this mean we have only then have got to take our photo part of our licence with us and not have to obtain a pin number for dvla history or do we still have to get a history to present at check in desk at Alamo. Also is this the same for all 4 drivers?

Administrator
    I confirm if you have the new photo-card type license then that is all you need for the USA. No need to get a pin number.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida2009 View Post
    Hi Roger, we are booking with you soon for next year. Does this mean we have only then have got to take our photo part of our licence with us and not have to obtain a pin number for dvla history or do we still have to get a history to present at check in desk at Alamo. Also is this the same for all 4 drivers?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know you dont need them for Florida but this may be useful info for travellers to other Countries

When my daughter checked to get code for Italy, she found the validity of the code has been extended from 72 hours to 21 days.
    Apologies if this has already been posted but hadnt got time check through the whole thread

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...urs-to-21-days
    Babblin Boo