Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Question

Florida Chatterbox

Miami Question

We are flying into miami early May then driving over to marco island. However my daughter and her boyfriend are staying over in miami as her boyfriend has never been. They are staying at "the hotel" on South Beach. has anyone stayed or got any info on this hotel. Seems to get good reviews on trip adviser

Stayed there a few years ago so may have been revamped since. Great location. Hotel was OK but not online with the reviews we had read online. To be honest at that time we checked out all of the historics on street and thought they were all overrated. Rooftop pool and bar is good. Walls were paper thin and boy could we have done with some sound proofing. WIFI was impossible. For a young couple they will be fine.

Florida Chatterbox

Miami Question

Apparently it's been refurbished but I don't know when. location was the main thing for them so looks ok from that point of view.

As long as the hotel is clean should not think they will spend much time in the Hotel especially as Miami has great night life and cocktails and as long as it is near South Beach they will have a great time
    Val

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Stayed there a few years ago so may have been revamped since. Great location. Hotel was OK but not online with the reviews we had read online. To be honest at that time we checked out all of the historics on street and thought they were all overrated. Rooftop pool and bar is good. Walls were paper thin and boy could we have done with some sound proofing. WIFI was impossible. For a young couple they will be fine.

We are visiting Miami in March as relatives in F/Lauderdale so thought we would see how it has changed since we last visited in the 80's!

We haven't booked anything but would prefer something decent as just for 1 or 2 nights - can you recommend anywhere and also any key places to visit or avoid!?

Florida Chatterbox
    If it is just for a couple of nights, then I can highly recommend The Betsy Hotel. It is a small boutique hotel at the top (the slightly more peaceful end) of South Beach, but still close to all the action. Whilst is is a small hotel, the rooms were beautifully decorated and the public areas were also spot on. The BLT restaurant was also first class (you have to try their popovers). It was quite expensive, but if you want to push the boat out, I don't think you can do much better than this hotel.

Florida Chatterbox

The Betsy hotel location

Quote Originally Posted by FraserLynn View Post
    If it is just for a couple of nights, then I can highly recommend The Betsy Hotel. It is a small boutique hotel at the top (the slightly more peaceful end) of South Beach, but still close to all the action. Whilst is is a small hotel, the rooms were beautifully decorated and the public areas were also spot on. The BLT restaurant was also first class (you have to try their popovers). It was quite expensive, but if you want to push the boat out, I don't think you can do much better than this hotel.
    I had a look at this but can't tell if it's on the road or on the beach. We stayed at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale which overlooked the beach but turned out to be on the A1A and the traffic noise really spoiled things.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by cook22uk View Post
    I had a look at this but can't tell if it's on the road or on the beach. We stayed at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale which overlooked the beach but turned out to be on the A1A and the traffic noise really spoiled things.
    There is a road in front of the hotel, but it is a slow road so not much noise (not that we noticed anyway). To be honest, South Beach is pretty lively so the road noise will not be an issue. It is at the top so away from the noisiest bit.

They will set you up on the beach (take beach chairs over for you and towels etc) if you want them to.

Florida Chatterbox

Miami Question

I believe the hotel my daughter is staying in is on the beach and every guest has a reserved sun lounger on the beach

Florida Chatterbox
    Do you know name of hotel Vickk? sorry just realised The Hotel is the name?!
    Last edited by cook22uk; 02-03-2015 at 15:42. Reason: altered wording