Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Shopping & golf - heading home in 2 days!

Florida Chatterbox

Shopping & golf - heading home in 2 days!

Doesn't seem possible but our 4 week break is nearly over.

Weather improved and most days we've been able to sit outside in the afternoon recuperating after our shopping trips. It's been very pleasant as our villa faces a lake so plenty of wild life to look out for.

We've had a very successful shopping trip, I was on a self inflicted penance as I have put on a weight after being on a diet. I thought I hadn't bought a lot but sister and husband were giving each other knowing looks whenever they looked in to the walk in wardrobe.
    It seems end of January is a good time for bargains. the first Tuesday Ross day they had reduced a lot of their stock, clothes 49c, designer handbags under $10! It had started on the Monday but I still managed to come out with two very large carrier bags. Luckily I'd parked near to the store as they won't let you take the carts out to the car.
    It wasn't all for me so hopefully family will be pleased with my bargain finds.

My niece asked me to bring her back some Red Heart wool so we spent a lot of time searching for the colours she wanted, Walmart was cheaper than JoAnnes and had more selection. Again we struck gold there, an assistant told us she had a half price bucket and did we want to look through. Most of it was Red Heart but a few balls of Bernat baby wool. After 10 minutes she didn't have much left. She said that it was company policy that if the wrap had been removed they had to reduce the price but I noticed other stores don't follow that policy.
    Few days later more wool was put out at 75% off, I'm going home with a holdall full!

Ziplock Large travel size space bag cubes are brilliant. They weren't reducing down enough with wool in so I found that if I stood on the bag whilst using the hoover it worked. It was very similar to pressing grapes, luckily sister doesn't know how to work my phone or it would have been all over You Tube. I was a bit concerned that the bags would break but later I realised that they were travel bags and you can either press out air or use a vacumn cleaner.
    They are so much easier to use then original flat space bags.

Husband has only missed one day of golf due to water logged pitch, only nines holes open so he didn't think it was worth it. Another time they had to come off course half way due to rain but the got a rain check for next time. He's happy and got his normal golfers tan including one white hand. He want's to play in shorts when we get back but I doubt he'll be able to.

We are going to Spain in March so he'll have to hope he can wear shorts there.

We're regular visitors to Spain as we own a house there, I really have no excuse for packing the wrong clothes for the start of our break. I was annoyed with myself for not bringing the extra layers I needed for early in the morning.

For regular Loop shoppers there's a new shopping area opening in March called Crosslands? It's where Mimi's Kitchen used to be. It has a Marshalls, Academy and a Ross. Next year we'd be able to do 4 trips in one day if we had the stamina. Start with OBT, Crosslands, Loop and end with the original one on 192 - Ross shopping heaven!

Sounds like my sort of trip, we have been here almost a week and haven't been shopping yet! Mind you we have been busy painting the deck and getting thou raise up together. Rain is forecast this afternoon so methinks a small shop will be the order of the day

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    Not sure if you know there is a Ross at Rolling Oaks Blvd on the 192.

Thanks for the tip on the Ziplock space bags, I will look out for them on my next visit.

Enjoy the remainder of your stay.

.....and if you're going as far down the 192 as rolling oaks then you should continue on to Posner Park and check out Ross there, it would be rude not too []

Liz