Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin seats

Gold 5 Star Member
    The best thing is being able to do both parts at the same time, it is such a palava trying to remember to do the outward journey and then again for return to get preferred seats.
    Babblin Boo

Well that is weird as when I booked our premium flights I was told I had to wait until 60 days out to pick my seat but now thanks to the helpful info above I have just managed to secure our choice of seat for our trip in March.
    Jan and Lee

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stabard View Post
    Well that is weird as when I booked our premium flights I was told I had to wait until 60 days out to pick my seat but now thanks to the helpful info above I have just managed to secure our choice of seat for our trip in March.
    It only changed on 19th so if you had booked your flights a while ago that was the case.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by stabard View Post
    The whole system went down on Tuesday (the first day) with all the 'old bookings' trying to book seats. Tuesday was our 60 day mark for our flights in Jan so I got caught up in it all after having counted down to the 60 day mark I found I was among the first unable to book our economy seats without paying an extra £150 for the three of us. We would have booked flights a day earlier if we had known about the change before but I think the date for the change was only set a few weeks ago as far as can see from posts on the Virgin site.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 22-11-2014 at 09:06.
    Gerry and Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    The whole system went down on Tuesday (the first day) with all the 'old bookings' trying to book seats. Tuesday was our 60 day mark for our flights in Jan so I got caught up in it all after having counted down to the 60 day mark I found I was among the first unable to book our economy seats without paying an extra £150 for the three of us. We would have booked flights a day earlier if we had known about the change before but I think the date for the change was only set a few weeks ago as far as can see from posts on the Virgin site.

Sue
    Did you not get an email from them? We got two reminders. Ring customer services and have a word - you never know, you might get someone who understands what you are telling them!!!

No. We heard nothing from them. I had been counting down to the 60 day mark and had a big circle on my calender. The first I heard was when I checked on line the night before that I had all the details I needed to get on line early in the morning and get a good choice of seats before everyone else logged on. Our flight is the first one that they are charging for - Jan 17th, so we could not have booked the seats the day earlier no mater how many reminders we had, as that would have been 61 days.
    If we were flying a day earlier we could have booked our seats for free under the old system. Some one has to miss out when they make changes and this time it was us - just bad luck.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 22-11-2014 at 17:07.
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Chatterbox
    My husband has been counting down to our "60th day" so he was surprised when I told him there were no restrictions now.

Managed to book our Upper seats for end of Jan and my sister who's flying out 9 days later.

First to book seats but maybe because Virgin didn't advertise their change in policy and other passengers will be booking shortly.