Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Crystal ball question

Florida Newbie

Smile Crystal ball question

I am travelling in the middle of November and am about to change our £s into $s.
    The dollar seems to be on a slide at the moment,just wondering if any financial experts on here monitor the markets and would recommend hanging on a while or do I swop now.
    I do appreciate if there was a definitive answer we could all become rich, so its just a bit of advise please.

I think it is general opinion is the dollar will get stronger but no one really knows.

Gold 5 Star Member
    There was a slide a few weeks ago but it has stabilised and it's actually up a little today.

The Pound has been hovering around $1.60 for a while now and while I don't know exactly where it will be in a couple of weeks I feel confident in saying that it won't be $1.70 nor $1.50 by then. To be honest, I don't think it's going to make a lot of difference when you exchange given the short timeframe we're talking about here.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 31-10-2014 at 12:44.

Hi,
    You are right no crystal ball.....I do all my money for Florida through Smart Currency exchange and being registered with them I receive a monthly updates on the state of the markets, I find this very informative and helps me to decide when best to transfer money over to my $ account
    Val

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    I always work on the principle anything over $1.50 is a good rate.

So any spare cash I have I buy. Then when we go on holiday, if the rate is better I use from the better rate & save previous bought $$ for a future trip:-)

Then if ever we go & the rate is lower than $1.50 (& it has been on numerous occasions) I use the $$ already bought.
    mike

Super Moderator
    Seems the pound is still slipping as it is down in the $1.58 tonight

Florida Newbie
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Converted at 1.57 at Thomsons after a bit of haggling.
    Off Tomorrow (Friday) to Miami,down to Key West, over to Fort Meyers and ending up in Orlando !

Quote Originally Posted by haras View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Converted at 1.57 at Thomsons after a bit of haggling.
    Off Tomorrow (Friday) to Miami,down to Key West, over to Fort Meyers and ending up in Orlando !
    Unfortunately although OV says 'ask the experts' we don't have any on here when it comes to Rates. It is a lonesome decision and best to watch the market and grab dollars when you feel it's right. Have a good trip.

Only $155 today!!

Andrna