Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just the 2 of us part 10 Next Stop England

Hiya
    have enjoyed reading your holiday trip report.. its helped keep us going for our trip in just 3 weeks and 1 day.. thats if we get to go now...thats another story
    thanks once again and welcome home xxx [high5]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.
    Mike

Thanks Graham for the reports, I do enjoy reading them.

I share your frustration over people crowding around the gate - it really doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever. I can't imagine a single occasion when Air Traffic Control have announced that so many people were obviously in a hurry so the plane can take off early!

Cheers,
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    I share your frustration over people crowding around the gate - it really doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever.
    It's more to do with overhead bin space and comes from people wanting to carry on the kitchen sink. Fact is that if you want your bags together and close to where you are sitting, get onboard as soon as you can.

Annoying, but all too frequently necessary IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    It's more to do with overhead bin space and comes from people wanting to carry on the kitchen sink.
    Aha, thank you KG, that has never occurred to me. Next time I'll eye-ball the size of the carry-on luggage of the gate-hangers.
    Thanks for the enlightenment.
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Aha, thank you KG, that has never occurred to me. Next time I'll eye-ball the size of the carry-on luggage of the gate-hangers.
    Thanks for the enlightenment.
    Cheers,
    To be fair, it's more of a problem on US airlines Dave. Because they have to pay for checked baggage the rules are stretched to the limits by most passengers. It's ridiculous what some people get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    To be fair, it's more of a problem on US airlines Dave. Because they have to pay for checked baggage the rules are stretched to the limits by most passengers. It's ridiculous what some people get away with.
    There's another really annoying habit passengers on US internal flights have. On boarding the plane they put their luggage in the first bin space they pass, rather than the one over their seat. Then they walk on down to their seat, which could be right at the back. It really annoys me. You arrive on and discover the bin space above your seat and all around you is full, so you have to go down to the back to find a space, then fight your way back to your seat. Then when it's time to get off, you have to do it in reverse.
    Tonish

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    There's another really annoying habit passengers on US internal flights have. On boarding the plane they put their luggage in the first bin space they pass, rather than the one over their seat. Then they walk on down to their seat, which could be right at the back. It really annoys me. You arrive on and discover the bin space above your seat and all around you is full, so you have to go down to the back to find a space, then fight your way back to your seat. Then when it's time to get off, you have to do it in reverse.
    I had this on a flight from LAX to PHX, crew were suggesting to other pax to check their bags into the hold. The bin above my seat had a huge case in it so I took it out and replaced it with my own. Flight crew asked if it was mine to which I replied "no". She then took it down the back somewhere .

Dave