Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Just the 2 of us part 9 Shopping and the Magic Kingdom

Florida Junior

Just the 2 of us part 9 Shopping and the Magic Kingdom

Friday 17th October

After a busy day yesterday we spent the day relaxing. After tea we had a ride to Downtown Disney for some presents for family. It was really busy (I know it was Friday night) managed to get a few things and some chocolate from Ghirardelli (as well as some free ones). Watched the balloon go up and it was swaying from side to side in the breeze Sue said she would never go on that it did not look safe.

Saturday 18th October

We had a trip to Premium Outlets at the top of I Drive this morning. We arrived about 10am and decided to get a coffee there was only Starbucks open. Sue does not like their coffee much but it was the only one open so we went in. I do not usually moan but there was only 4-5 people in the queue and they had 3 girls taking orders and only one girl making the coffee. The order queue disappeared very quick and then we had to wait around for the coffee to be made. 10 minutes later our order was called and the queue waiting behind us was 10-12 people but still only one girl making up the orders and the other 3 just standing around.

After looking round I got 2 new T shirts to wear in the gym (oh no I forgot we have to start going to the gym again when we get back).

We had tea at the Ponderosa then went to play golf at Pirates Cove on I Drive. It was quite busy getting there but not too many people on the course. Ever since we started coming to Florida when our daughter was small we have played golf and I have always won so I had to keep up my winning streak which I did.

Noticed on way back to villa that the petrol prices have dropped to $2.97 at the garages at the junction of I4 and US27. The ones on US192 are still $3.10.

Sunday 19th October

It is cooler this morning so breakfast indoors. It comes warmer later in day so we relax by the pool until lunch. After lunch I watch the American Football while Sue soaks up more sun. As I am watching the football I am on the internet as the Rugby League fixtures are announced at 4.00pm local time (9.00pm England time). As I said earlier I am a Wakefield supporter and we play Castleford (our local rivals) away first match of the new season in February.

As we are having our tea we see a coyote walking down the fence line between the villa and the field. It is the first time we have seen one and it doesn't stay around long and is gone before I can get my camera[][].

Monday 20th October.

Off to the magic Kingdom this morning. We have been to Florida so many time we decided not to do all the Disney parks this time just MK. Arrived early 9.00am and it is very busy. We have pre booked 3 fast passes on the internet before we came (what a great idea) and head straight to Buzz Lighyear for our first one (9.40am) The standby line is already 15 minutes but we walk straight on. The ride stops halfway through and so you can hit as many targets as possible while you are stood still. I think I have done well with 110,000 points and then notice Sue has 230,500[] how did she do that.

Call for a coffee after Buzz and I sit on a bench that has had water spilled on it but I did not notice so had to walk round with wet shorts for a time (not the last time that would happen today). After coffee we walk round to Pirates and the line is only 10minutes so we have time to do this before our next fast pass. As we are passing the pirate ship a plume of water shoots up and I am wet again (this time shirt and shorts) is it going to be one of those days, good job it is a hot day outside and I can dry off.

Next fast pass if for the haunted house where the standby line is 25 minutes we only wait 5 minutes before we are inside. We have done this ride a few times and it is good to have a sit down in the cool as it is a hot day outside and the park is very busy. We wander round the new area at Fantasy Land and this is where all the families with kids are. The wait times for some of the rides here are ridiculous I have put a few here and the time is 10.30am and the temp is already low 80's.

Seven Dwarfs mine train 70 minutes
    Its a small world 50 minutes
    Mad Hatters Tea Party 45 minutes
    Mickey's PhilharMagic 50 minutes
    Peter Pans Flight 50 minutes

We first came to Florida 16 years ago when our daughter was 11 years old and we queued for rides and autographs and she got tired and fed up at that age (I don't remember the wait times being so long) but some of the families today had little children of 2-3-4 years old (and some babies) who were already tired and crying in the heat so what would they be like after lunch??

As lunchtime approaches we just want something quick and find Pecos Bills Café in Frontier Land. We share a burger and fries but cannot find a seat inside as the queue is long waiting for a seat. We go outside and there are lots of seats in the shade which no one seems to know about.

After lunch it is time for our last fast pass on Big Thunder Mountain. I know I said we don't usually do big rides but we enjoy this one and I wont get wet on here[][]. The stand by line for this is 40 minutes (at 1.00pm) and for Splash Mountain 50 minutes. As the temp is now in the high 80's we decide to go back to the villa for the afternoon and come back tonight (this I can recommend as a full day in any park is exhausting).

After tea we get back to MK at about 7.00pm no monorail running so we have to go on boat which we have not done for a few years and is a nice change. It is just as busy as it was this morning with the wait times just as long. We decide to go on the most exciting ride here at MK the Tomorrow Land Transit Authority People Mover [msnsmile2][msnsmile2] it is the only one with a no wait time. We have a leisurely walk round the park and then stop for and ice cream at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour. We eat it in the Tomorrow land terrace restaurant which is closed but you can still sit there and it is easy to get a seat.

We leave the park just as the 9.00pm parade is just starting and there are lots of people sitting on Main street waiting for it to start (lots of kids asleep in buggy's). Wonder if they will still be there for the 10.00pm fireworks.

Arrive back at villa after 10.00pm this is a late night for us. We only have 2 days left now so the next time I write I will be at home in sunny England[] (it is sunny in England right).

G

We have had plenty of sunshine in the South West today but also high winds as large parts of the country battle with the remnants of hurricane Gonzalo.
    have a safe trip home the trip reports have been great just getting me in the mood for our trip in just over two weeks

Liz

Super Moderator
    Not sure about plenty of sun - we have had a very changeable day as one minute it has been bright sunshine and then 10 minutes later so dark we needed lights on and as I have been painting a bedroom it has not been ideal painting conditions.

Have enjoyed reading your posts and hope you enjoy your last couple of days and have a safe flight home.
    Last edited by Jill; 21-10-2014 at 21:33.

have also enjoyed ur trip report... dont leave it to long to go back..lol... safe journey home mind u expect ur home now?? been nice blue sky in brighton today just 28 days for us then we're off to florida!
    Liesa

Your reports have been great, shame only 1 left
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox
    Your trip reports and photos have been a treat.

Have a safe journey home and we are all looking forward to your next report.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Great reports! The People Mover is my all-time favorite ride. It's a nice, slow, leisurely ride around Tomorrowland.
    Mike