Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Alamo "Save Time"

Florida Junior

Las Vegas Alamo "Save Time"

Hi,

We have used the Alamo Save time service many times before at MCO and TPA and just headed straight out to the garage. Always found it to be fantastic (along with uscarhire's service!).

We fly August next year into Las Vegas and was hoping we can do the same - is it possible to just walk out to the garage here too?

We are flying Virgin (who I believe use Alamo too?) and understand that the Alamo office is off site (along with other rental companies) and accessed by shuttle bus - I imagine the queues could be pretty bad as everyone gets off the bus together. Would be great if we could go straight out and get in a car. Anything different we need to do?

We're looking at renting a Tahoe and dropping off at LAX if that makes any difference.

Many thanks in advance.

Sean

Florida Junior
    Anyone ??

Sean

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GUMBALL View Post
    Hi,

We have used the Alamo Save time service many times before at MCO and TPA and just headed straight out to the garage. Always found it to be fantastic (along with uscarhire's service!).

We fly August next year into Las Vegas and was hoping we can do the same - is it possible to just walk out to the garage here too?

Las Vegas has a transportation centre off airport where all mpstcar hire rail and bus trans

We are flying Virgin (who I believe use Alamo too?) and understand that the Alamo office is off site (along with other rental companies) and accessed by shuttle bus - I imagine the queues could be pretty bad as everyone gets off the bus together. Would be great if we could go straight out and get in a car. Anything different we need to do?

We're looking at renting a Tahoe and dropping off at LAX if that makes any difference.

Many thanks in advance.

Sean
    Las Vegas airport have an off airport transportation hub where most of the car hire companies are based. There are frequent buses to the centre from the terminals and we did not find we had to wait any longer than at Orlando to collect our car. We also dropped off at LAX on our way home and there is no one way fee due from Nevada to California but do remember there being something about us having to have a car with number plates front and rear to comply with then Californian driving law unlike cars in Florida which only have to have a rear number plate

Florida Junior
    Many thanks for the reply,

So, did you use Save Time and go straight out to the garage??

I've also read about checking in on line, so you can do this, but can't remember if we did that last time or not at TPA.

Sean

We are registered for save time with Alamo. Try it every time we go, which is at least twice, sometimes three times a year. It has worked once. Mrs T says don't bother it never works, and stands in the queue rolling her eyes whilst I struggle with the damn machine. It allows me to painstakingly put in all the details then tells me I have to go see an agent. Usually after my third or fourth attempt, she is at the head of the queue so I give up.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    We are registered for save time with Alamo. Try it every time we go, which is at least twice, sometimes three times a year. It has worked once. Mrs T says don't bother it never works, and stands in the queue rolling her eyes whilst I struggle with the damn machine. It allows me to painstakingly put in all the details then tells me I have to go see an agent. Usually after my third or fourth attempt, she is at the head of the queue so I give up.
    I must say I've found the same situation all too often with some of these arrangements to a point where I just don't bother now. The only programme that works consistently for me is the Hertz 5 Star Gold which is brilliant. No machine, just an electronic board telling you where your car is parked waiting for you.

I rented a car just yesterday in Florida and I reckon it took less than 5 minutes from baggage claim to driving on the highway. The problem is Hertz tend to be the most expensive to rent from so I suppose it's case of you get what you pay for to some extent.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We have many, many customers who use Alamo's Save Time on a regular basis and have no problems at all.

Super Moderator
    Many thanks for the reply,

So, did you use Save Time and go straight out to the garage??

I've also read about checking in on line, so you can do this, but can't remember if we did that last time or not at TPA.

Sean
    We did not use it as we went within days of the new transportation centre opening and they were still sorting things out and none of the companies seemed to have things working perfectly.

Florida Junior
    I have used the actual kiosk / machine once (at either MCO or TPA - can't remember!), but gone straight out to the garage at least four times and got straight into a car. Only once has anyone said I should have gone to the kiosk first, but they still dealt with me without a problem.

Just wondered if it was the same at Vegas.

Sean

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'm afraid I can't comment as officially you're not supposed to do that, so we're told to advise customers to not do it. Having said that, I do hear lots of customers do this and have not heard of any problems yet. I'm sure the situation at Las Vegas will be similar to MCO and TPA.

I have used the actual kiosk / machine once (at either MCO or TPA - can't remember!), but gone straight out to the garage at least four times and got straight into a car. Only once has anyone said I should have gone to the kiosk first, but they still dealt with me without a problem.

Just wondered if it was the same at Vegas.

Sean