Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: travel insurance for over 50's

travel insurance for over 50's

[sporty]anyone know of decent travel insurance please? Steves type 2 diabetic non insulin, one or two minor stuff for both of us but quotes coming up over £200+ never cost that much before... [stupid1][stupid1]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    paying too much . com is who i used and they search and came back with good prices. I too am type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure

Gold 5 Star Member
    My wife and I have a couple of 'pre-existing conditions' and we have learned the hard way that deciding on which insurer to use based on price alone isn't the best approach. You only really know if you're getting value for money when you make a claim so we now pay a little more for the peace of mind of knowing we are well and truly covered is things go wrong while we're away from home.

My advice would be to do your research before parting with any money. There are some very informative (and shocking) stories on various websites about some of the discount companies.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 30-09-2014 at 03:53.

Florida Junior
    Totally agree with KG - an insurance company be it travel, car or household is only as good as its Claims Department - and no, I am not in the insurance business just a bit wiser in my advanced years.

Florida Chatterbox

travel insurance for over 50's

The Martin Lewis website has good info on travel insurance for people with pre existing conditions and also a forum where you can see people's comments on various policies

thanks all xx
    Liesa

Try Avanti we were recommended it on this forum and it came out the cheapest for my wife who has a heart problem.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Liesa just asked my sister who she has gone with as both her and her partner have a long list of ailments and she has gone with insure and go. She rang them as with her ailments it was to difficult to sort out on line. It has cost them £150 for a two week break.
    Lyn

thanks Lyn will call them tomorrow x
    Liesa

There is a lengthy thread here: http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...ghlight=travel insurance

But bear in mind KG's advice and google them all carefully!
    Tonish