Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATM fees around orlando

Florida Chatterbox

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    To Bargainqueen,

Is it true that if you use the Presto machines outside Publix and charged $ 2 per transaction & that you are also charged an International

transaction fee by your UK Bank ?

In other words you are charged twice for one transaction.

If you go inside a Bank and use their ATM then you only pay Once per transaction
    I have 2 different bank accounts that I use for obtaining local currency abroad, Nationwide and Norwich & Peterborough, both do not charge a fee.
    When using the atm you will get asked a question, do you want to pay in local currency or do you want to pay in £'s, as long as you pay in local then Nationwide/Norwich & Peterborough will calculate the exchange rate. The screen will show what it's calculation in £'s will be and what gets charged to my a/c is always less.

As far as I'm aware you will always pay to use an atm machine now unless you have an account with the bank, the screen always tells you what the charge will be and you have to tell it you're happy to accept the charge before you can continue.

Have not used any atm's inside banks so cannot confirm if the charge still applies then.

Withdrawing cash abroad can be expensive, my sister has the old flexi Nationwide a/c and she pays £5 per transaction on top of the atm fee in $'s. I travel abroad frequently so was pleased when Nationwide reintroduced a new account with free withdrawal.

Hope that answers your querry.

Nationwide do not charge a fee in Zeurope but they do in the US now.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    Nationwide do not charge a fee in Zeurope but they do in the US now.

Andrena
    If you open/change to Flexplus, it's free withdrawals worldwide, there's a monthly charge but get free worldwide insurance and car breakdown. Old style flex accounts still charge a fee in Europe, only card that is free to use in Europe is the credit card and it's 1% charge in US.
    If you use your debit card to buy goods then you pay a fee, only free to get cash from ATM.

You have to be careful when using your credit card abroad as the machines automatically convert to £'s, you're supposed to be asked how you want to pay but they don't always. That's why I prefer to draw out cash, less problems.

My husband uses his credit card at the golf course and Walmart without any problems.